Post by PesachZ
PesachZ wrote:I just made a BM to purge the current wiki page you're viewing and posted it to the page.
It should work on pages viewed directly or using ...index.php?title=...
It will also work from the edit page view.
It will open the page in a new window with a purged cache.
I updated the Bookmarklet to v3
it now strips extra parameters from the URL and includes &forcelinkupdate
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message
https://s.waze.tools/gc.pngNYhttps://j.mp/1xPiWC8https://j.mp/1C9mUY2
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
State specific Wiki | Forum

Post by sketch
Minimum lock:

Code: Select all

javascript:(function() {
  var fwy_lvl = 3;
  var rmp_lvl = 3;
  var maj_lvl = 2;
  var min_lvl = 1;
  var pri_lvl = 1;
  var absolute = false;
  var count = 0;
  Object.forEach(W.model.segments.objects, function(k, v) {
  	if (count < 150 && v.onScreen() && v.isGeometryEditable()) {
  		/* fwy */
  		if (v.attributes.roadType == 3 && (v.attributes.lockRank < fwy_lvl || (absolute && v.attributes.lockRank != fwy_lvl))) {
  			count++;
  			W.model.actionManager.add(new Waze.Action.UpdateObject(v, {lockRank: fwy_lvl}));
  		}
  		/* ramp */
  		if (v.attributes.roadType == 4 && (v.attributes.lockRank < rmp_lvl || (absolute && v.attributes.lockRank != rmp_lvl))) {
  			count++;
  			W.model.actionManager.add(new Waze.Action.UpdateObject(v, {lockRank: rmp_lvl}));
  		}
  		/* MH */
  		if (v.attributes.roadType == 6 && (v.attributes.lockRank < maj_lvl || (absolute && v.attributes.lockRank != maj_lvl))) {
  			count++;
  			W.model.actionManager.add(new Waze.Action.UpdateObject(v, {lockRank: maj_lvl}));
  		}
  		/* mH */
  		if (v.attributes.roadType == 7 && (v.attributes.lockRank < min_lvl || (absolute && v.attributes.lockRank != min_lvl))) {
  			count++;
  			W.model.actionManager.add(new Waze.Action.UpdateObject(v, {lockRank: min_lvl}));
  		}
  		/* primary */
  		if (v.attributes.roadType == 2 && (v.attributes.lockRank < pri_lvl || (absolute && v.attributes.lockRank != pri_lvl))) {
	  		count++;
  			W.model.actionManager.add(new Waze.Action.UpdateObject(v, {lockRank: pri_lvl}));
  		}
	}
  });
})();
I don't mean to say yours is bad or anything, crazycaveman – I had already done this a few days ago and forgot to post it. It's exactly the same as bgodette's old one except "UpdateObject" used to be "UpdateSegmentDetails". Neither one works in the current beta editor, however.

Default values:
Freeway = 4
Ramp = 4
Major Hwy = 3
Minor Hwy = 2
Primary Street = 2
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
voludu2 wrote:The remove all extraneous nodes bookmarklet is dangerous right now because of the ABBA reversing bug in WME. -- it is difficult to spot the reversed segments, even for higher-level editors.

And for lower-level editors editing in areas where major routes are unlocked -- this can really mess up waze navigation.
I didn't even realize there was an updated version of this. Whichever version I have doesn't work.

The Toolbox implementation of this function compensates for the bug, although it is not as permissive (specifically, unlike the bookmarklet, it requires that both ends of both segments be on screen).
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The extraneous nodes bookmarklet should be updated, and noted to NOT use it in areas where there are 1-way streets. For wide rural areas with extra junctions and all 2-way streets, it is very helpful.
I've been trying to fix it, but I haven't figured it out yet. Toolbox's version compensates for the bug, but it doesn't work on segments that have their other nodes offscreen, which I don't like. In a perfect world I will fix XNR and add the bug protection too.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by tonestertm
Kent,
Thanks for this page!

re: Chrome under Adding to a browser

This is one correct procedure. I have used exactly this method to add bookmarklets, with the small exception that I only have to hover "Bookmarks" in the main menu to see and click "Bookmark Manager". I don't know if that counts as "verification" or not, but there you go. :)

First line, the "three horizontal bars button" (here referred to as "Customization and control Google Chrome" menu button) is repeatedly referred to in Chrome help as simply "Chrome menu button". Don't know if an image would be overkill, but throwing it out there....

May I suggest that the line:
In the "Name" box, enter "Wazer Profile" or any name you prefer
more specifically define that we are naming the Bookmarklet currently being created? This could be as simple as adding "for the new bookmarklet" to the end of the sentence. Minor point, but could be confusing for someone doing this the very first time.

Finally, there's a bookmarklet for creating Wazeto links here that could be added, though I have yet to actually get it to function 100%, as much as I'd dearly like it to. Apparently it works for Alan. (Still wish someone would add a similar capability to an existing plugin.)
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by tonestertm
I made the text changes, (verify?) but if you were suggesting that adding the other bookmarklet was agreeable, that looks like it's beyond my beginning Wikiskills, with the whole Talk page bit. Maybe I'm just intimidated because I'm still finding my feet in the Wiki, and it's nowhere near as complicated as I'm thinking it is....
tonestertm
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by voludu2
The remove all extraneous nodes bookmarklet is dangerous right now because of the ABBA reversing bug in WME. -- it is difficult to spot the reversed segments, even for higher-level editors.

And for lower-level editors editing in areas where major routes are unlocked -- this can really mess up waze navigation.
voludu2
Send a message