[Page Update] Formal Mentoring Guidelines (USA)

Post by vectorspace
I am cross posting this here and in the Formal Mentoring forum...

As we learn more about implementing Formal Mentoring, some questions came up about what happens when the Formal Mentoring effort does not go well. We put a new section in the Guidelines about this.
It is called What happens if things don't work out?. Take a look and let me know if we've forgotten a situation or if we could better clarify the information.

Thanks!
vectorspace

POSTER_ID:4612247

Send a message
vectorspace

Post by kentsmith9
I think it is good.

One recommendation is to move you and Orbitc to a last section on "Mentoring Program Managers". At the opening of that small section just state the role of the program manager in one small paragraph or less, but include references to being a person to whom mentees can reach out if they are having difficulty with their mentor. Then in the section above just link to "Program Managers". This way there is only one place to update/maintain over time and you can link that section from other pages as well.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by vectorspace
Great suggestion Kent... I really didn't like having that information inline how it is now. I will attempt to make that change. Others can adjust as needed.
vectorspace
Send a message
vectorspace