[New Page] Regional coordinator

Post by kentsmith9
This topic came up in another thread in this forum. I had a need to link to a table of Regional Coordinators for the USA, so for now I have created a page to hold the information.

I don't know how many regional coordinators there are outside of the USA. Maybe someone can comment on that. If it is short enough, then we can put everyone on one table. I will set up the initial table with that field.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:7009939

Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
Thanks Kent. I had a hell of a time trying to merge the numbers into the cells. Kept getting bogus results. As for the map, I'll edit it right now and make sure both sides of the map say 7a, then upload the new version.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Post by Fredo-p
I can ask Jemay and type up what he gives me if it hasn't been done yet.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
For the cells that list section 6, would it be better to merge those two since they contain the same information?

I would do it but I forget how to apply the rowspan code properly and I'm busy till later tonight.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
Just to clarify, I didn't mean to combine the RC names. I meant to make the State/Territories column one cell. So, instead of having two 6. South Atlantic, you would have just one cell. But the rest would be their own row to allow the {{}} codes to fill in properly.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
qwaletee wrote:This is another example of why complex coding is moving from template language to Lua :(
What the hell is Lua? Don't tell me it's another form of code :shock:
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
Speaking of trouble, I took a copy of the table code that Kent provided. I tried to make the two cells in the first column that are duplicates (6. South East) as a single cell using rowspan="2" and had some crazy @ss results. Almost got it right, but no good. So I gave up. lol
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
[UPDATE]
I see that I didn't add the written in names to the correct cell. It should be one down. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
kentsmith9 wrote:Again the automated template code prevents doing what you described until I rebuild it based on input from the other RCs (if I can get any of them to ever respond). :mrgreen:
If that's the case, then BOOOO!!!! :( :( :( :lol:

I should have done this from the beginning. This is exactly what I was trying to explain. Also, note the missing territories. ;)
RC table.jpg
Thank god I'm at least good at screenshot editing/manipulation (or so I thought)
(108.91 KiB) Downloaded 459 times
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by GizmoGuy411
kentsmith9 wrote:Forgot to mention I have RC1 and RC2 in the same cell without the horizontal rule line. It was easier to code this way, but if everyone thinks we really need the horizontal rule, I can likely whip up some code changes to include the rowspan when a second RC is present. I personally don't think it is necessary.
I agree that no HR is needed as you stated above.

Not to put a monkey wrench into your work, but I have few suggestions if possible.

Something we discussed when we reorganized the RC system last fall was to try to move away from identifying regions with numbers. We decided however that numbers were still needed for map key. The point was that we did not want regions to be known as numbers, to better accommodate future region changes.

- Therefore we could help reinforce that idea by creating a "Map Key" column and move the numbers sans parenthesis into that column.

- The "Area" column should be called "Region".

- Some other header renaming is suggested in image below.

- I would also suggest that the chart may look better if non header text is left aligned.

- Use icons on the "Forum link" and "PM" columns.
2014-08-07_12h45_00.png
Suggested changes sample
(26.73 KiB) Downloaded 366 times
GizmoGuy411
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

U.S. based Global Champ Emeritus
U.S. Local Champ
U.S. Country Manager
U.S. Great Lakes ARC: IL, IN, MI, OH, WI
(and past GLR RC)