[New Page] Regional coordinator

Post by
This topic came up in another thread in this forum. I had a need to link to a table of Regional Coordinators for the USA, so for now I have created a page to hold the information.

I don't know how many regional coordinators there are outside of the USA. Maybe someone can comment on that. If it is short enough, then we can put everyone on one table. I will set up the initial table with that field.

POSTER_ID:7009939

Send a message

Post by CBenson
Is there anyway to display an entry from the table in other wiki pages? What I'm looking for is something to link back to that displays the Mid-Atlantic RC information on the various state pages and any other place the RC contact info is appropriate. Then when I pass the responsibility to someone else, all the references would be changed with one wiki edit and i wouldn't have to worry about needing to check my inbox for RC issues from outdated references in the wiki.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
All I was really looking for was name and the PM link.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Well like on the AM list that you have automated on the state pages. Each RC is listed as the RC in these tables for each of the states in their region aren't they?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
That sounds great to me.

When I first thought of this I had thought that you had created a Mid-Atlantic category that needed a page like the Southeast Region. Since we are doing things more on a state basis, I wasn't sure what should go on a Mid-Altantic page. I'd figured if I put anything on such a Mid-Atlantic page, it should update easily as I'd likely forget the page existed. But now I don't see regions as categories.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Perfect. Those were precisely the concerns that I was wondering how to address. I'm still learning how the category setup works.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
kentsmith9 wrote:1. I modify the templates to allow for two (would make coding easier than 3+) Regional Coordinators with the secondary RC as a backup when the primary is unavailable. All regions would then need a backup and maybe that should be the case anyway. Then 100% of all pages with RC information would be 100% automated. If we want only some regions with a backup, then I can still code those with the backup automatically. (BTW, this is my vote.)
It would make sense to have secondary RCs to me. But of course, we did have issues finding one for every region.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
qwaletee wrote:Can we migrate the map from the forum that holds that info for the US? I realize that makes the page US-centric, but that's the way it is for now anyway. As it builds, we can figure out if we need to migrate info out of it, reduce clutter, or whatnot, but the map was a great tool before the wiki page.
I can do it.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Arizona Wiki | @Waze_Arizona Twitter
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+

Post by Fredo-p
If my skills don't suck, I should be able to have a table up within the hour since I'm back inside the house.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
Added the map. Check and see if it's the right size.
Fredo-p
Send a message

Post by Fredo-p
kentsmith9 wrote:Not sure what map you are talking about. Link please?
I believe he was revering to this topic:
US Regions, Coordinators and Experts
Fredo-p
Send a message