ZTL areas (zone of limited traffic access) in Italy

Moderators: asterix06, anto64, Italy Admins

Re: ZTL areas (zone of limited traffic access) in Italy

Postby felohidalgo » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:24 pm

I moved the post to Italy Forum, cause this concern only to italy community and I am sure that your Italian Global Champs are right ones to help.
Regards
Felipe Hidalgo
Coordinador Costa Rica

WIKI COSTA RICA
EDITOR DE MAPAS
PUBLICIDAD EN WAZE
felohidalgo
Coordinators
Coordinators

ZTL areas (zone of limited traffic access) in Italy

Postby GioDelph » Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:03 pm

Hello everyone,

In Italy, there are many cities where there are the so called ZTL areas (zone of limited traffic access) in the city center. They are 24/24h closed to non-residents and it is possible to access only for a limited hours a day in case of special needs (getting in advance a permission from the municipality office).
I know there is an option in Waze "avoid tolls and ZTL," I did some testing. I checked this option and there are actually reported paths with highway where it is actually required a toll.

But about the ZTL areas only accessible to residents Waze tells me nothing! So yesterday I was following the directions of Waze in an area that I didn't know well and I was lead to a street where the traffic for non-residents was not allowed! Unfortunately, I got a fine.

My appeal to the staff is if it would be possible to enhance the already excellent application Waze with this option?
I repeat that in Italy the central areas of all cities, large or small they are, have become an absurd thing which makes it easy to end up in areas where traffic is only accessible to residents.
Not surprisingly, the fines related to these transgressions are a very important part of the budgets of municipalities.

Thank you!
Best regards
Giò
GioDelph

Postby hmjbarbosa » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:23 am

I second that!!!!

As it is right now, waze is absolutely useless in italy for tourists. I was also following waze from tuscany back to firenze to return a rented car and got fined for the ZTL.
hmjbarbosa

Postby marcopalla999 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:43 am

Hi
there is an option in the italian version: settings > navigation > "avoid tolls and ZTL"

this is not super friendly cose if you activate it you avoid also Hiways, but I activate it when in the city and deactivate when on long distance....

hope it could help my foreign friends :-)
marcopalla999

Return to Client: il nostro navigatore sul telefono