Setting a start point other than "current location"

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Setting a start point other than "current location"

Postby FzNk » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:11 pm

With the trip planning options, the Start Point feature is nearly obsolete. Just search for and select your destination, tap the 'Later' button and then tap the 'From' option to change the start point. The only thing missing is a visible route, but you'll get that when you actually start navigating from that location.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
US Local Champ :: Oregon State Manager
Waze Beta Leader (iOS) :: WME Beta
FzNk
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby johnas9000 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:07 am

setting up a drive to start anywhere other than current location is impossible, I have read it all tried all the options,,
I cant even look to see for another family member how the drive is from work to home, if i am at home
johnas9000

Postby FzNk » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:55 am

The method I described still works. Search for the destination and tap the correct result, tap 'Go later' when the location info screen pops up, tap where it says 'From --- Current location' and search for your start point.
[ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ][ img ]
US Local Champ :: Oregon State Manager
Waze Beta Leader (iOS) :: WME Beta
FzNk
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby kumiankka » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:58 am

johnas9000 wrote:setting up a drive to start anywhere other than current location is impossible, I have read it all tried all the options,,
I cant even look to see for another family member how the drive is from work to home, if i am at home

Hello and welcome to the forums!

Just tried this with the latest version for Android (v4.32.0.3 at the time of writing) and it it works fine.

If your desired start point is a favorite: Tap three dot menu next to it, tap "Info", then three dot menu again and tap "Set as start point". Then tap search button and pick or search your desired destination.

If your desired start point is not in your favorites or search history: Start by searching it as you would normally search for your destination, tap the correct item in the search results, tap three dot menu and Set as start point". Then tap search button and pick or search your desired destination.
kumiankka a.k.a. the rubber duck. Quack quack!

[ img ] [ img ]
kumiankka
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2

Postby mose79 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:33 pm

Here's the only way to change starting point....click on search icon (looks like a magnifying glass). Pick location from favorites or saved locations and tap 3 dots ...then tap info and you'll see three dots ... on right side. There is "set as start point.
If you must use search bar because location isn't in fav. or saved, you will find a red pin on a small map. What comes up may have three dots where "set as start point is found. If you're location doesn't have three dots quick tap on pin and an "info" shows up. Tap that and you'll see the famous three dots ... and there lies your"set as start point". Good luck
mose79

Previous

Return to Waze App