Setting a start point other than "current location"

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Setting a start point other than "current location"

Postby RussPA » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:49 pm

You can search for an address that is across the country and once you see the three dots, you can set that as your starting point, so you don't have to scroll for it.

Yes, there is the Waze symbol in the lower left, that brings up your history and Home and Work.
RussPA
State Manager
State Manager

Postby RussPA » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:01 pm

When you select a destination from a search result, you should see something like this before it starts navigating
Screenshot_2016-07-06-10-48-45.jpg
(63.84 KiB) Downloaded 2541 times

If you choose an item from your Favorites or History, then it will immediately begin navigation. In this case, instead of tapping the item, swipe right on the item and choose the "i" bubble, and you'll get the three dots like in the picture.
RussPA
State Manager
State Manager

Postby wikicare » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:35 am

RussPA wrote:When you select a destination from a search result, you should see something like this before it starts navigating
Screenshot_2016-07-06-10-48-45.jpg

If you choose an item from your Favorites or History, then it will immediately begin navigation. In this case, instead of tapping the item, swipe right on the item and choose the "i" bubble, and you'll get the three dots like in the picture.

Your are very right! Muchas gracias!
wikicare

Postby woodvale » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:59 pm

Search for the location from which you want Waze to navigate. Once you've identified it from the search results, click on the 3 horizontal dots on the right hand side of the screen. You get the option either to view it on the map or to start your journey from there. You can then search for the destination for the journey from there.

I think it's fairly straightforward to do this once you've got that distant location set as the start-point.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 via Tapatalk
woodvale
Area Manager
Area Manager

Previous

Return to Waze App