Disable just the Weekly Summary

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Disable just the Weekly Summary

Postby TheChrisK » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:17 am

Honestly, I don't know what all the fuss is about. I hardly ever look at my inbox in the app. The weekly summary is quite easy to just ignore.
TheChrisK

Country Manager: United States
Multi-State Manager: Montana | Nebraska | Wyoming
Waze Mentor
DoD SME

[ img ]
TheChrisK
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby DarkKent » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:41 pm

It just f omg annoying. Remove it
DarkKent

Postby tintype » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:58 pm

Please remove the weekly updates. They're just annoying.
tintype

Postby callumjp » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:53 pm

Rather than shouting “remove it” I’d rather have the option to receive a monthly update instead, and perhaps something that comes to my actual email inbox rather than the Waze one, which is difficult to access and just another thing to keep on top of.

I think it’s nice to know what impact your reports have had on other users of Waze, but perhaps not quite so frequently.

If we could have the option to switch it off / adjust the frequency, that would be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
callumjp

Postby karlcr9911 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:59 pm

It's one notification a week as opposed to the immediate notification of a thumbs up or 'thanks'. Your feedback is good but the desire to only notify someone once a week is a great way to remind folks to use the Waze app. Once a month would be too infrequent and not accomplish Waze's goal.
Regional Coordinator - U.S. South Central]
iOS Beta Leader / Tester | WME Beta Tester
[ img ]
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ][ img ]
SCR Wazeopedia
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Disable just the Weekly Summary

Postby callumjp » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:07 pm

karlcr9911 wrote:It's one notification a week as opposed to the immediate notification of a thumbs up or 'thanks'. Your feedback is good but the desire to only notify someone once a week is a great way to remind folks to use the Waze app. Once a month would be too infrequent and not accomplish Waze's goal.

Surely it should be relative to how frequently users are in the app? I use Waze twice daily so I’m not a user who needs to be told to come back. Waze is an app based on habitual usage, surely.

I would hope they’re balancing business goals with user feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
callumjp

Postby karlcr9911 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:15 pm

Of course but user feedback doesn't always align with business goals and so it's a fine balancing act -- sometimes it's a very positive response from the users, sometimes it isn't. They won't please everyone. Especially, when there are 90 million monthly active Wazers...that's an impossible feat.
Regional Coordinator - U.S. South Central]
iOS Beta Leader / Tester | WME Beta Tester
[ img ]
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ][ img ]
SCR Wazeopedia
karlcr9911
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby tracknate » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:08 pm

Seriously. Notifications that don't actually notify of anything simply dilute the meaning of the ones that do. Reminding me that I did something I normally do is obnoxious, and I wish there was a way to turn this off.

Worse than anything, it turns on my notification light while the phone is on the nightstand, and I've tried my hardest to make sure nothing activates that unless it's something I NEED to pay attention to.

Waze, please let me turn this off so I can make my phone do what I want it to do, thanks.
tracknate

Postby gettingthere » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:42 am

Workaround - if you don’t report anything, you won’t get a weekly summary. Maybe Waze will take notice when useful Waze community reports decline and add an option to opt out. Personally, I like the weekly report and agree it’s better than previously where you got a notification on every single report.
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

Postby woodvale » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:25 pm

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the fact that Waze staff do not read forum posts. The whole set-up is community supported, so it's Waze editors and users who read these posts and respond to them. None of us has any way of getting Waze to make changes to the way the app works - we can and do make comments on changes that Waze introduces in beta releases, but the decision on which changes to implement and how is solely theirs.

It's a free app. If the benefits to you of using it outweigh the annoying bits, fine. Otherwise, you'll need to find another app.
John
woodvale UK Champ, CM UK & Jamaica, UK Partner Coordinator, AM City and South London
Latest Waze on Galaxy S7 Android 8.0
Waze FAQ UK Wazeopedia UK Forum
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
woodvale
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App