Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.33

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Official Feedback Thread: Android v4.33

Postby impulse200 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:02 pm

Sometimes it's worth to flip "shortest/quckest" route type switch back and forth. And see if it helps.
impulse200

Postby RussPA » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:17 pm

impulse200 wrote:Sometimes it's worth to flip "shortest/quckest" route type switch back and forth. And see if it helps.

"shortest/quickest" setting has been removed from the app starting with this version.
Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
USA CM/NOR MSM
WME Beta Deputy Community Coordinator
RussPA
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby jonsterman » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:25 am

Upgraded again to this version to check if there is still a HUGE lag with the location of the pin of the app, and two weeks later it's still there.

The problem is that there is a delay or lag when driving. You could be approaching a turn and be at the corner but the app shows you're still about 5-10+ meters away. If you don't know the location or the streets are spaced close together, you will miss the turn thinking it was further down the road. This happens more often when you're travelling fast.

Had to downgrade to the previous version so the delay or lag is down to an acceptable level of around 3 meters. Probably won't upgrade to this new version of waze anymore. Not worth the hassle.
jonsterman

Postby randywisecracker » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:29 pm

When will Voice Commands work with Android Auto?
randywisecracker

Postby MikeDNC » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:15 pm

Hi,

I have searched the forums but don't know if anyone is still currently having the issue where the "red light camera" alert happens even when the option is turned off in Settings (Display&Map --> Alerts On Route)?

I've turned this option off, but still get the red light camera alerts.
MikeDNC

Postby DamienBrust » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:00 pm

I don’t know if the problem comes from the application or from the servers... I have no move recorded anymore since december 5th, thus I cannot edit the map for missing informations (speed, directions, etc.)
DamienBrust

Postby andialves » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:45 pm

Hi,

Since the update to 4.33 I can't use Waze alongside with AutoGuard's background recording.
I use AutoGuard to record travels, like a dashcam (DVR), but after the update, Waze will freeze after a few seconds.

I have tried to disable GPS in the AutoGuard settings (it uses GPS to track speed and travel routes), but didn't help. I tried older versions of AutoGuard, same problem.

It's weird. Waze doesn't completely freeze. If I touch "back", it displays the Shutdown confirmation, it won't shut though. The Search button also open the last destinations, although nothing happen after selecting one of them. Navigation freezes completely. My location gets stuck. I can't drag, zoom, or rotate de map.

Edit: Solved with a reinstallation of Waze.
Last edited by andialves on Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
andialves

Postby mike20878 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:08 pm

What is the purpose of adding my ezpass to waze? Wish I knew about this sooner. Kind of a major change. I was wondering why my navigation was avoiding toll roads.

My wife was driving with her mother and got an earful because waze was sending her some odd directions.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
mike20878

Postby RussPA » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:37 pm

mike20878 wrote:What is the purpose of adding my ezpass to waze? Wish I knew about this sooner. Kind of a major change. I was wondering why my navigation was avoiding toll roads.

My wife was driving with her mother and got an earful because waze was sending her some odd directions.

The new EZ Pass functions were not very well advertised, if you ask me. Lots of users were caught off guard and unaware.
Samsung Galaxy S5, Android 6.0.1
[ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ] [ img ]
USA CM/NOR MSM
WME Beta Deputy Community Coordinator
RussPA
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby mike20878 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:01 pm

RussPA wrote:
mike20878 wrote:What is the purpose of adding my ezpass to waze? Wish I knew about this sooner. Kind of a major change. I was wondering why my navigation was avoiding toll roads.

The new EZ Pass functions were not very well advertised, if you ask me. Lots of users were caught off guard and unaware.
I figure if I want to avoid tolls I would select that option

mike20878

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App