Using Waze with Android Auto

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Report Temporary Road Closure on Android Auto

Postby tmar53 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:17 pm

Sorry for posting incorrectly, perhaps a mod can move this.

I searched for "closed" and "closure" in the Android Auto thread and see zero results.
tmar53

Re: Using Waze with Android Auto

Postby Morrison66 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:41 pm

Many times i am not able to search for an address via the AA microphone for voice dictation.

In fact after pronouncing the address, AA says "Well!, let's use waze" or something similar... Waze will propose my address, but i have no time to confirm because after 1 second it disappears from the screen :evil:
Morrison66

Android Auto and phone calls

Postby maestromike » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:40 pm

I'm having an issue when using Waze with Android Auto in my 2017 Honda CR-V. The phone is a Moto E4 running a version of Android 7. It appears to be the Waze app as the issue doesn't happen when using Google Maps.

The problem is that when I am in a phone call and Waze gives a direction or 'talks', it seems to be taking over the bluetooth connection and then the phone call doesn't continue over bluetooth. The phone call just is played over the phone's speaker.

Again, this doesn't happen when using Google Maps so I'm thinking that Waze is always using the bluetooth connection for audio instead of using the android auto sound capabilities. If I go into the waze app settings, and turn on the option to play audio over the phone's speaker, waze then only plays audio over the phone's speaker regardless of the situation which is a workaround but not ideal.

Is this a known issue? If so, any eta on when it will be corrected?
maestromike

Postby thuan74 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:09 am

fishyweb wrote:Waze navigation is mostly working fine with AA for me. I have the following feedback though:
  • I'm in the UK where we drive on the left. The direction icons for navigating roundabouts are shown as if driving on the right. I don't think this used to be the case, pre-AA.
  • I have sound set to "Alerts only". However, when I report a hazard / congestion, the "Thanks, you've helped nearby Wazers" is spoken out loud! Again, that never used to be the case pre-AA.
  • The speed limit and compass needle are not being displayed.
  • The destination history seems a bit curtailed compared to how it was when running directly on the phone.

Other than that, I am really pleased to have Waze on my AA-enabled car :)

In case it is relevant, this is in a Hyundai Ioniq with a Moto X Style, Waze app v4.27.0.1.

Same issue here in Australia with the turn by turn at the roundabouts, the map is showinging the correct path but the turn by turn icon is showing the right hand turn.
thuan74

Postby kcuestag » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:21 pm

Has anyone been able to use voice commands with Android Auto?

I tried reporting things such as traffic, accidents... But it won't detect any of them. :(
kcuestag

Postby georgenqueiroz » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:19 pm

Did anybody noticed that now we can unlock the phone when it's connected to the head unit? I don't know if it became possible in the last Android Auto update, but I'm glad they did it. I don't use to text and handle the phone when I'm driving, but sometimes it's usefull when the car is stopped and we want to text or do anything else, without having to disconnect the phone and close Android Auto.
George Queiroz

[ img ][ img ][ img ]
georgenqueiroz
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby texasowl10940 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:35 pm

Turn AA off on the phone. Plug the phone into the USB and you will be able to be able to play your music on the car system.
texasowl10940

Postby vince1612 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:37 pm

[ img ]
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D) (FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby callumjp » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:16 pm

Any news on ETA sharing being available on AA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
callumjp

Postby Tutert » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:03 am

Hi,

It seems that Waze is not using in-car GPS signal when connected with Android Auto, unlike Google Maps which does use in-car GPS signal.
The problem with this for me is that the usb connection is underneath the cars dashboard and the phone doesn't have clear sight and therefor no gps-signal.

Can anyone confirm this and does anyone know if this is gonna be solved in the (near) future.

Thanks!
Tutert

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App