Using Waze with Android Auto

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Using Waze with Android Auto

Postby Fredo-p » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:10 am

Finally got the Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX in my 04 Civic. First time using AA and it took me a min to figure it out.

How does one do multiple stops in Waze on AA? I can't select my main destination then add a stop. It just overrides it as the main destination only.
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Fredo-p » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:50 pm

Any plans to allow stops in the future? Or at least see a map when selecting routes like on the phone. Those help a lot.
Fredo-p
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: Issues with Android Auto

Postby FujiiX » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:20 am

jsconsta wrote:
remydog wrote:1) On the car's screen, there is a menu (3 bars) in the upper left. How do I access that?

I would lo ve to know as well!

Well, I figure that on my Mazda 6 via knob. But I assume that every AA car unit had his own shortcuts via knob.
On Mazdas, when you on map, only move knob to left...and you are accessing main manu in Waze.
FujiiX

Postby georgenqueiroz » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:13 am

Rspadar wrote:Hi,

only option in developer setting is minimum width i've 360dp and set it at 420dp but nothing is changed.
The problem is same.
I not find display option 720 or 1080

Raf

In my phone, I get 720p and 1080p. If it's possible I suggest you connecting another phone to your headunit. If it works properly, then the problem might be your phone.
George Queiroz

[ img ][ img ][ img ]
georgenqueiroz
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby georgenqueiroz » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:10 pm

Fredo-p wrote:Finally got the Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX in my 04 Civic. First time using AA and it took me a min to figure it out.

How does one do multiple stops in Waze on AA? I can't select my main destination then add a stop. It just overrides it as the main destination only.

As far as I know, it's not possible to do it on AA. In this case, when I get to a stop, I use the recent drive list or the favorite list in order to start navigating to the next stop or to the final destination.
Last edited by georgenqueiroz on Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George Queiroz

[ img ][ img ][ img ]
georgenqueiroz
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: Issues with Android Auto

Postby jsconsta » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:53 pm

remydog wrote:1) On the car's screen, there is a menu (3 bars) in the upper left. How do I access that?

I would lo ve to know as well!
jsconsta

Postby LaukinisBriedis » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:31 pm

georgenqueiroz wrote:
Fredo-p wrote:Finally got the Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX in my 04 Civic. First time using AA and it took me a min to figure it out.

As far as I know, it's not possible to do it in AA. In this case, when I get to a stop, I use the recent drive list or the favorite list in order to start navigating to the next stop or to the final destination.

Yes, it's not possible to do this in AA when a phone connected to a car. Only onw way ro do it, create a route with a stop on a phone and then connect to the car.
[ img ][ img ][ img ]
Local Champ: Lithuania
Country Manager: Lithuania
Country Coordinator: Lithuania

Wazeopedia lietuviškai: https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/Lithuania/Pagrindinis_puslapis
LaukinisBriedis
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby Rspadar » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:35 am

Hi,

only option in developer setting is minimum width i've 360dp and set it at 420dp but nothing is changed.
The problem is same.
I not find display option 720 or 1080

Raf
Rspadar

Postby yasingedikw » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:39 am

Hi all,
Posted this in another thread and probably people will get mad, but I am sorry, I am new and desperately need to know if this feature exists.
Tried couple of different ways to search, but couldn't find I am looking for. I tried my first carpool as driver but wasn't able to use android auto on car dashboard for pickup. Is this a feature? or not in the app yet? Is it planned? If not we, drivers, need it for car pool so much.
yasingedikw

Return to Waze App