These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

How do you increase the speed limit size?

Post by mrgreaper
It's the main reason I am using the app but the default size is so small it's hard to see on a motorbike mount.

Also waze is not hearing "OK waze" via Bluetooth leading to some frustration given I can not legally touch the screen lol
mrgreaper

POSTER_ID:17538665

Send a message

Post by browjo57
Please add these options as a feature, as riding a motorbike or driving a car requires your full attention on the road conditions and traffic. Voice commands by bluetooth and a large speed limit display are a very important in meeting this requirement.
browjo57
Send a message

Post by Galamij
I have the same problem, on my car I have an 8 inch screen and the speed limit characters are to small to be seen properly, when Iqm driven. Can you put two or three big nice characters to be visible?
Galamij
Send a message

Post by helifino206
In Settings, you can have it give you an audible alert when you've reached the limit, or at certain values above the limit.
helifino206
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mrgreaper
helifino206 wrote:In Settings, you can have it give you an audible alert when you've reached the limit, or at certain values above the limit.
Sadly that does not solve the issue, the speed limit display is tiny (even on my xperia xz1) and remember my phone is mounted on the handle bars of the bike so it has a slight vibration to it.

I need to increase the size so I can see at a quick glance what the speedlimit of the road I am on is.
The audio alerts are somewhat useless, its a slight bing and ofcourse at that point you are already going too fast. The audio limit should be a noise then "x mph is the limit of this road" hell I would love the option to have it announce the speed limit when ever it changes "30mph" "20mph" etc etc

And I still have the issue of not being able to talk to Waze via bluetooth this is a critical design flaw on a motorbike as I can not legally touch my screen while the engine is on

The other thing I have noticed is Waze very rarely audibly announces speed cameras, and never if you are not following a planned route
mrgreaper
Send a message