Ford SYNC 3.0 and Waze

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Ford SYNC 3.0 and Waze

Postby TC23Cool » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:51 pm

I recently updated to Sync 3 3.0, and have an iOS with beta 12, why can’t I see waze in my app list?
TC23Cool

Postby xtolled » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:43 pm

Cannot find any other active discussion here of Waze on Ford Sync 3 and Applink.......

It works pretty well on my '18 F-150 -- for a brand-new feature. There are some bugs, but hopefully they'll get worked out.

I can stream music/audio from other apps and things generally play well together (tho I don't know if the audio is coming over bluetooth or via the cable and applink. Not all screen controls work well due to the landscape display vs typical portrait on phone: some controls are sometimes hidden by a nav message. Adjusting waze map scale via pinch/zoom is iffy: may work or push the view somewhere not on my current position (it requires too much attention to fix this so I try not to do it now). A couple of times the Waze map screen on the dash has frozen, while the audio continues to update. Usually unplug/replug seems to get it going again. I think generally this is caused by me trying to adjust something on the phone or sync3 screen or turning phone off, but haven't experimented enough to isolate the exact causes.

Though the iPhone X screen is dark, it is not off and the phone seems to run a bit hotter than in other cars when I have it mounted and use its screen for nav (tho I do mount it where AC streams vs on the console in the F150).

So not perfect, but pretty wonderful to have on the dash. So far (7 weeks use) I have decided not to get a dash mount for the phone as I don't need to look at it given I've started whatever audio program before going to waze.
xtolled

Postby xtolled » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:29 pm

Applink doc was pretty minimal when I looked. e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6ntZrJ1bpM
xtolled

Return to Waze App