These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Official Feedback Thread: iOS v4.37

Post by
App Store release notes wrote:What's New

Fixed a few bugs so it’s easier to save time & avoid traffic with Waze.
Previous: Official Feedback Thread: iOS v4.36

POSTER_ID:14731619

Send a message

Post by Ankh-Morpork
Same as JLB4, but also when not navigating.

iPhone 7, ROW server, latest iOS.
Ankh-Morpork
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance. - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites.
https://image.ibb.co/eooB87/Map_Raid_Russia.png

Post by ario_giov
Facebook login makes Waze disconnect from internet.

To be more accurate here is what happens:
- I press the Facebook connect button
- Waze ask for Facebook permission
- I give permission
- I choose my old profile with my points
- Spinning circle appear for some time
- Spinning circle disappear and the Facebook connect button is greyed out
- If i go back to the map it says that it's searching for connection

Also i tried several time to login using Facebook from the start but nothing changes, it's like it can't download Facebook data.
ario_giov
Send a message

Post by B_Carp
In the last few days, I have been unable to send ETA updates. Tapping that button brings up an error dialog “uh-oh, still adding friends”, even an hour into the journey.

I tried logging out then back on again, restarting the phone. But still the same problem remains.

Worse still, for some reason, my app has now started showing the newer worse interface where things no longer fit on the screen of my iPhone SE & require scrolling just to read the route summary page. And stopping navigation takes extra taps, etc.
B_Carp
Send a message

Post by camstuf1
Samsung S8+ Sprint network/ Houston TX, 77060...
Since the update, navigation using this app is completely unreliable, and basically useless.
Suggested routes are completely out of wack; routes that worked fine before the last update.
Toll road that I take every day is not recognized as a road, where previously did and even showed the tool booth icon.
camstuf1
Send a message

DavidFromMA
Send a message

Post by israel_hq3kuwjc
Ankh-Morpork wrote:Same as JLB4, but also when not navigating.

iPhone 7, ROW server, latest iOS.
Same issue as others.

It takes 10 to 20 minutes to lock onto accurate location. I am on iOS v 11.3.
Have performed all the available suggestions, uninstalling, soft reset, hard reset, and others like resetting Location & Privacy and resetting Network Setting.
thanks
Scott
israel_hq3kuwjc
Send a message

Post by JLB4
Position indicator lag still a problem (when navigating to a destination).

iPhone X, iOS 11.3, USA, at&t
JLB4
Send a message

Post by kw1900cc
There was a post on here about Waze showing erratic speeds and showing the user driving backwards. It's gone, but I am having the same problem for a month or more now. Started on my iPhone 6. Tried all sorts of things and finally decided it was time for a new phone anyway. Got an iPhone X, but it's doing the same thing. If speedometer is on, it bounces wildly between what appear to be random speeds. Even with speedometer off, navigation random shows me moving in the wrong direction, whether I've got a route set or not. If a route is set, it recalculates, only to then show me going in the correct direction and recalculates again. It "usually" settles down after a while, but the speedometer never does. I' using Waze version 4.37.0.0 on an iPhone X on iOS 11.3.12. I've deleted the app completely and reinstalled, but nothing fixes it.
kw1900cc
Send a message

Post by nibs
Same as B_Carp - I have also deleted the app, restarted the phone (iPhone SE) and changed my Waze password, still get Uh oh! Still adding friends when I try to Send ETA. When I reinstalled the app I got the old Send ETA graphic for a while, but it has changed to a black & white one now
nibs
Send a message

Post by PealRinger
Friends features seem to be suffering at the moment:
* Send ETA - as above, just gives 'Uh-oh! Still adding friends, try again later"
* My friends just shows all my phone contacts - but no obvious ability to see just the Waze users.
* No option to see friends score in the Scoreboard.

Also, the new Scoreboard no longer shows my position in the various tables. As most people will not be in the top 50 or so I think it was useful to be able to see where you are ranked.
PealRinger
PartnerCoordinator
PartnerCoordinator
Send a message