No Network Connection or Searching Network

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: No Network Connection or Searching Network

Postby CorvetteMan6685 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:46 pm

Figured it out! 1) Go to SETTINGS/PRIVACY/LOCATION SERVICES and turn OFF; 2) do a SOFT RESET on your iPhone (press and hold BOTH the HOME button on the front AND the POWER OFF button on the UPPER RIGHT SIDE until the screen goes black and the APPLE LOGO APPEARS). 3) Open WAZE and it will ask you to turn on location services (follow the instructions). Your WAZE app will work again!
CorvetteMan6685

Postby david_ru » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:23 pm

I've thread-hijacked this as I am experiencing a similar issue.

Using a Samsung Tab Active, every now and then for seemingly no reason whatsoever, the app will drop into "searching network...." even though the phone has a perfectly good 4g signal. Other apps work, but Waze has no connection to the internet.
Sometimes re-starting the device will fix it, sometimes it won't.
Tried uninstalling, rebooting and re-installing, but the problem recurrs. Never does it at the same time or place, just (seemingly) randomly.

When it drops into "searching network" mode, there really is no data transfer to Waze, as it cannot route, cannot update and if I ask it to do anything, will sit with a rotating ring of death forever.

Any assistance would be very welcome.
david_ru

Postby WaSaaab » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:51 pm

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. Once the wifi is disabled on my Glxy note 8, Waze connectivity to the network is restored.

The problem is that I heavily rely on my wifi hotspot for other aps when on the road.
WaSaaab

Return to Waze App