These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by dejanb
I got the Android Auto 4.8 update yesterday and the Waze 4.57.0.3 update this morning and while marginally better this morning, the issue with the GPS is still there for me.

Galaxy S9+ w/ Oct security update.
dejanb
Send a message

Post by dentrodelaley
Is waze compatible with Android Auto on a phone?
I use Android Auto with phone app because my car is old and it haven't Android Auto.
But I only can select google maps. With music I have several option(play music, spotify,..) but with maps only google maps.
dentrodelaley
Send a message

Post by Derpicide1
-Galaxy s7
-2017 Honda CRV

Waze seems to only work when phone screen is on. When phone goes to sleep it stops navigating. Only solution would be to change your settings so your phone screen stays on but that is impractical. Google maps works fine.
Derpicide1
Send a message

Post by devsalvi
I found a hack when I started getting this error. While Waze is selected as the navigation app, I use the Google voice search to look up am address and it then goes into Waze on the car screen and the setup message goes away.
Edit: clearing app storage and cache and then launching app on phone fixed the problem right way.
devsalvi
Send a message
Last edited by devsalvi on Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by devsalvi
Clearing the Waze app storage and cache and then opening the app on phone triggered the first time prompts again. After that the message from the car screen never came back
devsalvi
Send a message

Post by DevyLOeuille
If i use the app via android auto, waze is only showing the start of a trajectory control but not the end.
Normazlly you see a green strip where you can see how long the trajectory control is, and where you are in it. But through android auto i didn't get it working? I only got a warning "trajectory control ahead" Anybody?
DevyLOeuille
Send a message

Post by DickieDeeMA
I am running Android Auto on my LG K20 (Android 7).

I do not have car infotainment integration; I run it natively on my LG K20.

I cannot figure out how to make Android Auto use Waze instead of Google Maps.

-DD
DickieDeeMA
Send a message

Post by dipiuay
I used to have the sound level issue (randomly going up and down and not being able to increase/decrease the music and navigation sound). Three days ago I saw Waze update in Google Play Store and decided to try this update. After testing the navigation for two days now I can say that the sound volume issue is fixed with the latest Waze version. My car is Skoda Yeti 2016 with Amundsen Navigation system. The phone is Google Nexus 5X.

I hope this information is helpful. Hopefully, this update fixes the issue for all previously affected cars and phones.
dipiuay
Send a message

Post by Dixet
Dwejra wrote:I got a Pioneer SPH-EVO62DAB-CLIO installed. Navigation via Google Maps works fine. However, navigation via Waze isn't possible. Selecting Waze I got the map showing my current position. But when driving the map remains on the start location. Also no directions are given.

Any idea how to fix this?
You might want to check the security settings for the Waze app. Allow it to always access your location, to run in the background and disable any battery saver for Waze. For me this fixed the gps issues with Waze
Dixet
Send a message

Post by Dixet
I have disabled the notifications for camera's, however Waze still alerts me when I approach a camera.

Is there any way to disable these alerts in Android Auto as well?

imho waze alerts me too soon: in my hometown traffic lights are sometimes less than 400 meters apart and Waze alerts me more than 500 meters ahead. This is confusing, so I use another app for traffic-alerts
Dixet
Send a message