These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Beep and messaging grayed out not working

Post by
These are both grayed out when I click on another wazer on the road any ideas what I am doing wrong? I am signed in and even linked my Facebook. I tried searching so if this has been addressed can someone link me the forum page and I will delete this thank you in advance .

POSTER_ID:17583453

Send a message

Post by Athannor
Hi,
Please read this post : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=238525&start=30
Some Wazer have the same problem in addition to the join date issue.
I had too but with time the beep and messaging problems disappeared.

No news from the staff for a fix…
Athannor
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by Athannor
Message / beep button are grayed for me too and in addition I was considered again like a baby Wazer (I can't update the gas station prices etc.)

:arrow: The 15th of July I have the problem
:arrow: The 16th of July the problem disappear

Strange :P
Athannor
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by DjDTM
Still not working after all these years, I thought it was just a low rank issue or something at first but I think it’s just lack of attention to the app from the people in control of it.

hopefully they make it functional at some point.
without it it just makes the app the same as Google maps but with pop up advertisements every few minutes, it kinda makes me want to stop using the app alltogether.

DjDTM
Send a message

Post by For500Alex
I’m a new Waze user. I’m having the same issue. Messages and beep are grayed out. No amount of logging in and out has fixed it. Between that and the server timeout issue during a ride from GA to KY, has made using this app disappointing experience. :(
For500Alex
Send a message

Post by gutrixio
Hi,

Please make a clean install, after that then wait till server downloads the profile info, and then close and open the app like 4 or 5 times(wait for it to load correctly).

Tell me if it works. ;)

Greetings.
gutrixio
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by jm6087
KTKlein72 wrote:I too have them greyed out. Just started using the app a few weeks ago. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
You said you just started using the app a few weeks ago. According to the Waze Support;
You must be within a radius of 0.3 miles/500 meters and above the rank of a baby Wazer to update gas prices.
Are you sure you are above the rank of baby Wazer.
jm6087
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 21
Send a message
Thanks,
John
US Global Champ

Post by KTKlein72
I too have them greyed out. Just started using the app a few weeks ago. Is there a setting I'm missing?

KTKlein72
Send a message

Post by KTKlein72
I can only view the gas prices too and not update them like on Gas Buddy app.

KTKlein72
Send a message

Post by KTKlein72
In the app I'm listed as a Wazer so I thought I was above the Baby Wazer rank. But then again I'm having other app related account issues. My email address keeps disappearing and when I try to change my nickname from that long random character one it says it's already used. I've logged out and back in several times and even uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I like this app but it seems buggy to me.

KTKlein72
Send a message

Post by LadyBlue505
It's the same for my app and I've been a "Wazer" for 3 years and have 34,487 all time points and am a "Knight Wazer" and STILL whenever I see a fellow/random "Wazer" on the road and I click on them the "beep" button is ALWAYS grayed out? I don't understand why it doesn't work for me. But yet I've gotten "beeped" at be4 and also "beeped back" but again whenever I see a "Wazer" the "beep" button is literally ALWAYS grayed out??? Can someone plz tell me what's wrong and why this is happening to me??  :oops:

LadyBlue505
Send a message