These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by RussPA
The lock North mode issue has already been reported to the developers, so they are aware of it and all we can do is wait for them to address the issue.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Assistant Regional Coordinator - NOR
Global Champ - US
WME Beta Community Coordinator

Post by RussPA
kumiankka wrote:Well, actually, Waze hasn't promised to listen to our feedback and they don't listen to it either, so in that sense they have kept their promises :lol:
Actually they do listen to feedback. The Friends option was heard loud and clear, and is in the process of being reworked. Despite what people keep saying, the Lock North option IS still here, it just isn't retentive. I drove with it on all the way home the other day, and realized why I don't use it. And during beta testing, I honestly don't recall seeing anyone mention it, so it apparently isn't that widely used, at least not by the testers. But the bug has been reported, so they are aware of it.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
I prefer a heads up display. When the map is locked north up, the roads around me are not obvious because the orientation of the map doesn't match what I see out my windows. If I am driving South, on the app my car is heading down towards the bottom of the screen and all the roads are backwards. To me it's just too confusing.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
madhtr wrote:I get that. One of my best friends feels the same way. We all think differently. They still need to bring north-up plan view back for the rest of us though :)
Obviously people do use it. Have you responded to the survey earlier in this thread?
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
sullynole wrote:Agree that removing this feature is ridiculous. People that use maps regularly prefer north up always so that the reference point is not confusing. This will cause me to use another navigation app if it cannot be added back. What is the point of removing the option?
I use the app every day, and I used a TomTom for years before. I never preferred north up, I always wanted the display to match what I see out the windows. I actually found north up too confusing to use.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
North Lock Up will return in the next version. They are on a 3-4 week release cycle it seems.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
clheiny wrote:"It [North up lock] should be back in the next update."

Do you have any outlook on when that will be? The Tilt-a-Whirl map is really getting on my nerves.
They seem to be on a roughly 3 week release schedule, looking back at the various version release threads.
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by RussPA
I see you didn't get a response in the Android Auto thread either, it may be that nobody else has tried yet. Have you tried Waze tech support for AA or Waze Carpool support?
RussPA  
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Global Champ - US

Post by sullynole
Agree that removing this feature is ridiculous. People that use maps regularly prefer north up always so that the reference point is not confusing. This will cause me to use another navigation app if it cannot be added back. What is the point of removing the option?
sullynole
Send a message

Post by teacherk6
Don't know if this has been mentioned?

I think it takes way too many touches to start navigation. You should have an option to 'fast navigate' ie touching your search result results in the navigation process starting.

Then you can back track if you want to go later etc.

Currently, you do a search and click on the result, then it pops up the the next page, showing the same result with a map, then you click on go, only to be taken to the next page where there are route options and you need to click go now to finally get started.

I think the vast majority of users want to start navigation at the time of the search and at the shortest / fastest route the app finds. You want to change it, go back and change it.

Just a thought.
teacherk6
Send a message