These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Sharpinous
Robin's issue is identical to mine. However i dont think it is a global problem, but rather a problem when the two are not on the same server or part of the world. At least, that is what I believe.. Unless a developer can raise some light here.
Sharpinous
Send a message

Post by Sharpinous
downhilla4 wrote:I have had the same issue when trying to share my drives with family. The e-mail link it send them opens them up to a blank map and does not show my travel. I send it using Waze navigation, 4g coverage, no stops.
Hi downhilla4, do you remember if you and your family were in the same part of the world (canada vs usa vs outside of north america)? I am trying to figure out if this problem could be directly related with using different waze servers.
Sharpinous
Send a message

Post by Sharpinous
Same problem again today.

My girlfriend just shared me a drive, and she under 3G coverage. I got the Waze notification on my phone; clicked on it and it redirect me to a screen offering me to drive to her destination instead of following her drive.

The screen says "Preview [her destination]", then some action to GO there, to send this location, add to favorites; etc. Cant follow the drive.

Going back to my Waze inbox, i see the "equika shared a drive with you, tap to follow"; but tapping bring me back the the screen mentioned above.

It is really annoying, anyone knows where to report such bug?
Sharpinous
Send a message

Post by Sharpinous
This is exactly what i was seeking! When i was searching around for support, they were only pointing to the forum; but a bug report was exactly what i wanted; thanks!

Keep you posted if there is any development
Sharpinous
Send a message

Post by Silversurfer7
It's 2018 (November) and still broken
Silversurfer7
Send a message

Post by sjacenko
Yeah mine stopped functioning properly a few moths ago. I can send and receive and upon launch it will show ETA but it’s not showing routing and then when I pull it up it no longer shows eta just actual clock time.
sjacenko
Send a message

Post by Speed55isStupid
Any response to resolving this issue? I saw link to Facebook to share drive with friends but, no way am I using that after FB privacy issues!
Speed55isStupid
Send a message

Post by StevenHeaney
Onimirage wrote:Logged in just to say this is no longer working and doesn't matter what platform, it's broken. Reinstalling does not resolve, High accuracy GPS modes on phone's do not change result. Removing any integrated feature like Facebook, Spotify, etc. does not change this. If you constantly reload the drive it will eventually show you a path update but never exact position like it used to. Submitted a trouble ticket, they don't care and respond with canned answers to look at the FAQ. Face it waze was the way of the past, we need a new app.

Agreed
StevenHeaney
Send a message

Post by Stuntman06
This feature seemed to have been removed some time ago. My wife was able to see the progress of my drive until fairly recently when she got a new phone. She never updated her apps before, so with the new phone a new version of Waze was installed and she is no longer able to see the progress of my drive via the Waze app. She is using iOS.

I also tested this with my work phone (iOS) and experience the same thing. This feature seemed to no longer work.
Stuntman06
Send a message

Post by Stusie
My girlfriend and I go between our houses (3.5 hours) every other weekend. We share the drive and it works once. After this, the location of the one driving no longer appears. It only shows a map with their destination and asks if we want to drive there. Today, March 30, 2018, it told me she arrives there 15 minutes after she left from 3.5 hours away... man I wish!
Stusie
Send a message