Waze dangerous routs

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Waze dangerous routs

Postby ItamarKasztelanski » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:52 am

Hi, Last Saturday I was driving fro the Lake Of Galilee (Kineret) to Nazareth.
the app gave me the best rout and I have used it.
It took us via some back allies and very steep streets (we were driving down hill)
I have tried to change the route but I was always directed to same streets.
There are other routs to the city that use main roads and streets, but they never shows on the available routes.
I do not know the city and , even by trying to review the routes I was unable to see the main/safest roads.
I think there should be some kind of indication regarding the safety of the route.
I do not think that is applies only to my specific trip but also to other places in world , especially in the mountains.
ItamarKasztelanski

Re: Waze dangerous routs

Postby jm6087 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:54 am

To me, that would be tough for the app to determine. What factors would be used to determine if a route is dangerous? What you may consider dangerous, another person may not.
jm6087
Country Manager
Country Manager

Re: Waze dangerous routs

Postby G_W1Z » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:21 am

Every time you drive over a road, Waze records the amount of time it takes you drive on it. It then takes those figures and calculates routes and weighs the time differences. Over time, Waze will see drivers going slower on some roads because they have to drive slower for caution. That in time can affect routing.

I recommend reaching out to the local editors in your area about this. With those locations you provided you could start to narrow down and find the roads in question. As jm6087 said, what one driver may consider a dangerous turn/road may vary driver to driver. We use some of the more advanced editing features for this with discretion.
G_W1Z
A Phoenix out of the ashes...
Pennsylvania (USA) LAM
[ img ][ img ]
G_W1Z

Return to Waze App