No cop reported on the other side

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

No cop reported on the other side

Postby SkyNetGps » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:48 am

For the last few months, I’ve noticed that almost every time I report a cop on the other side of the road, I do get the points, but the cop is not present on the map. I’m using the latest Waze update on the iPhone X.
Last edited by SkyNetGps on Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
SkyNetGps
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:55 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: No cop reported on the other side

Postby kumiankka » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:38 am

SkyNetGps wrote:For the last few months, I’ve noticed that almost every time I report a cop on the other side of the road, I do get the point, but the cop is not present on the map. I’m using the latest upside on the iPhone X.

If it's a dual carriageway /divided highway on the map (drawn using one way segments) then the concept of "other side" does not exist. One way segment does not have "other side". I don't know why that option still exists in the report menus but users should know that it only works on regular two-way streets.
kumiankka a.k.a. the rubber duck. Quack quack!

[ img ][ img ]
kumiankka
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:03 pm
Location: Finland
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 265 times

Re: No cop reported on the other side

Postby smokingtree » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:39 pm

kumiankka wrote:
SkyNetGps wrote:For the last few months, I’ve noticed that almost every time I report a cop on the other side of the road, I do get the point, but the cop is not present on the map. I’m using the latest upside on the iPhone X.

If it's a dual carriageway /divided highway on the map (drawn using one way segments) then the concept of "other side" does not exist. One way segment does not have "other side". I don't know why that option still exists in the report menus but users should know that it only works on regular two-way streets.


Yes. But I think this is a bug. They should shift the icon to the other segment rather than leaving that in the wrong direction. Usually seen in cop fleet.

Attached a screenshot to support.
Attachments
4F98D562-ECC7-46D0-A3B4-AF6C6DEA922C.jpeg
(203.25 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
smokingtree
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:36 am
Location: MD
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: No cop reported on the other side

Postby SkyNetGps » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:03 am

smokingtree wrote:
kumiankka wrote:
SkyNetGps wrote:For the last few months, I’ve noticed that almost every time I report a cop on the other side of the road, I do get the point, but the cop is not present on the map. I’m using the latest upside on the iPhone X.

If it's a dual carriageway /divided highway on the map (drawn using one way segments) then the concept of "other side" does not exist. One way segment does not have "other side". I don't know why that option still exists in the report menus but users should know that it only works on regular two-way streets.


Yes. But I think this is a bug. They should shift the icon to the other segment rather than leaving that in the wrong direction. Usually seen in cop fleet.

Attached a screenshot to support.


No question is a bug. It used to work find all those years that I use it. I just don't understand why some times it does show the cop on the other side and most of the times not, but all times it does show that I got the 6 points.
SkyNetGps
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:55 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time


Return to Waze App

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: abc1357, DiogoAmorim83