Drive sharing is a mess

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Drive sharing is a mess

Postby catcandonow » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:07 pm

Instead of Waze replying to just this one user, it would be much more helpful to the community if these important questions were answered here, in the forum. I am having pretty much the same problem as the original post.
catcandonow

Postby jm6087 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:54 pm

catcandonow wrote:Instead of Waze replying to just this one user, it would be much more helpful to the community if these important questions were answered here, in the forum. I am having pretty much the same problem as the original post.

This is a community forum. Waze does not actively monitor these threads.
jm6087
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Drive sharing is a mess

Postby marcthedark » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:20 am

Dear community,

I have since months significant issues with drive sharing. My hope that Waze would address the flaws, assuming that everybody suffers from the same issues, has vanished, which is why I am seeking for help and shared experiences here.

Platform & Settings: iOS 11, Waze App, Background App Refresh enabled, Location Services Always Allowed

Usage: App only sent to background when not using, usually not forcefully closed. Either doesn't make any difference in app behaviour. We have both connected Facebook accounts and we see each other in the friends list.

Context: My partner and I use Waze frequently to share drives with each other, sometimes just FYI and sometimes to coordinate.

Issues:
(1) I am inconsistently receiving drive sharing messages in the App and/or by text message. The behavior is absolutely inconsistent. We couldn't find any trigger for Waze using either or.
(2) Sporadically, Waze notifies me that I missed a notification because notifications are disabled. Which is simply wrong, because notifications are enabled.
(3) Don't see my partner online, even though she shared a drive. This morning (again), I have received a text message. When opening Waze, I don't see her online. Going to the inbox in Waze, here shared drive is there. Opening it, correctly shows the drive and her position on the map. Only then she appears online in the app.
(4) Never see the drive progress bar on the right side of the screen when sharing same destination. This feature disappeared over a year ago and since then never worked, neither for her, nor for me.

I would be glad to hear from the community if you are experiencing the same issues, and if somebody was able to solve them.

Kind regards,
Marc
marcthedark

Postby santyg2001 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:24 pm

Hello Mark,

I would recommend you to contact Waze Staff directly to address this issues here

--
santyg2001
State Manager
State Manager

Return to Waze App