Using Waze with Apple CarPlay

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Using Waze with Apple CarPlay

Postby yer-maw » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:05 pm

markc9503 wrote:I am using Waze with CarPlay in my Honda Clarity. Recently I have found that if Waze is running and I try to adjust the volume on the audio system I can only adjust the alert sound volume, not the overall system volume. If I close out Waze on the phone the issue goes away and I can control the volume normally. This is not the first time this has happened to me but it has been a while.

Does anyone know what to do about this?

I have done this by increasing the volume whilst Waze is reading out directions... give it a try.
yer-maw

Re: Official Feedback Thread: iOS v4.51

Postby yeshvanaken » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:04 pm

Same here, Waze keeps showing me 12 km/h higher than actual car speed since 1/2 weeks.

this is particularly bugging because even if I’m at a within speed limits, Waze on CarPlay keeps sending alerts.

and I don’t want to turn alerts off.

iphone 6s, latest iOS, latest app update and carplay on latest Ford Fiesta.
yeshvanaken

Postby youknowvictor » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:19 pm

Hello, not sure if it is a bug or not, but using Waze with CarPlay on my Audi A5 MMI (2017), I couldn’t ever achieve to have sound alerts or instructions playing at the same time than my music or radio.
If I play music in carplay, no problem.
I tried with my iphone and carplay on a VW golf (2018) and waze’s sounds play throughout the radio, correctly mixed.

Any help will be appreciated
Kind regards.
youknowvictor

Postby youknowvictor » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:27 am

My bad, I found out the issue. Waze's sound instructions use the volume of the navigation instructions of the MMI, which I muted a very long time ago. Therefore, waze instruction were playing but muted. Everything works !
youknowvictor

Previous

Return to Waze App