These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

“Bug” Icon Appears On Map

Post by Mkword
After most recent iOS update (14.4.2) I updated Waze following the iOS update.

I activated Waze and I got a green screen and a spinning wait dial ... and it kept spinning for a long time. I did not quit the app but went to use other apps. 20-30 minutes later I went back to Waze and it had shut down.
So I restarted the app. Everything came up fine — map displayed and I was logged in to my account ... BUT:

Now I noticed an icon permanently displayed on my map I had never seen before. It’s an icon of a “bug.” No matter what I did it would not go away.

So I started troubleshooting. I searched on Google and this forum for any hints about what it is and how to fix it. I have a back-up iPhone and I logged in to my account and the map displayed normally.

Obviously I have removed and re-installed the app several times including logging in and out of the account. Still ... this “bug” icon remains. What’s strange is that the app seems to work fine. But this “bug” icon makes me think something is seriously wrong with the app.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mkword

POSTER_ID:17983599

Send a message

Post by ehepner1977
The app is not broken. The bug icon was inadvertently added. There, unfortunately, is no further publicly available information.
ehepner1977
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by ehepner1977
Apparently iPhone XR and SE models were affected. The issue has been corrected but users will need to update or reinstall Waze.
ehepner1977
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 4
Send a message