These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by ZedII
AhcK1970 wrote:I think it's only available on built-in Android Auto headunits, not on the Android Auto smartphone app.
If true, this is a shame, as I'd really like to be able to use Waze inside AA on my motorcycle.
ZedII
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3
Area Manager Emeritus: Southeast Michigan, USA / Southwest Ontario, Canada

Post by YEGbierfrau
Using v. 2.47 and AA 2.5.7

Waze stopped reporting hazards and frequently crashes. Anyone with a fix?
YEGbierfrau

Post by Zuganug
I also (try) to use AA with a 2016 Ford Escape running Sync 3, latest version (3.x).

This is really a bad experience. Waze just stops navigating like others have reported, and does not update the map. Literally with the phone in the same position in my holder, running normal Waze on my phone itself (It's a Samsung Galaxy 8), it runs normally.

Google maps on AA on my cars, btw, seems to run just fine.

Waze, perhaps work with Ford to fix this or pull it from Sync?
Zuganug

Post by yellek
I am having the same experience with my 2018 Honda CR-V and I haven't worked out how to address it. Waze appears to work correctly when not in Android Auto but when in Android Auto mode the display doesn't update very often and neither does the location. It was working fine but stopped working about a week ago.
yellek

Post by yellek
Fixed. I had power saving on on my Galaxy S8+ and when
I turned it off the problem went away.
yellek wrote:I am having the same experience with my 2018 Honda CR-V and I haven't worked out how to address it. Waze appears to work correctly when not in Android Auto but when in Android Auto mode the display doesn't update very often and neither does the location. It was working fine but stopped working about a week ago.
yellek

Post by yasingedikw
Hi all,
Posted this in another thread and probably people will get mad, but I am sorry, I am new and desperately need to know if this feature exists.
Tried couple of different ways to search, but couldn't find I am looking for. I tried my first carpool as driver but wasn't able to use android auto on car dashboard for pickup. Is this a feature? or not in the app yet? Is it planned? If not we, drivers, need it for car pool so much.
yasingedikw

Post by zaphodb42
This is a pretty important feature, and would actually be EASIER to do on the larger car display than on a phone, but it isn't an option.
I have a Ford Fusion with Sync 3, so I have full touch screen.
zaphodb42

Post by zebsik
Still same problems and getting worse every day. Waze don't work corretly, only if Google Maps is working, but still is very laggy and very often "no connection" problem.

Samsung S9+, Android Auto 4.8.594324-release (VW)
zebsik

Post by Zeux79
Hi,

first of all I'm sorry for my poor English...

My Apps Version:
- Waze: 4.57.1.0
- Android Auto: 4.8.594324-release
- My phone is Xiaomi MI 9 with MIUI Globa 11.0.6 (Android 10)

Waze whith Android Auto works correctly until I make/receive calls. During calls Waze, I think, loses GPS signal and the navigation stops to work. When the call is over, after 10-15 seconds waze returns to work correctly. Battery optimization is turned off for Waze and Android auto.
Could someone help me, please?

Thank you very much
Zeux79

Post by Zeux79
Hi,

this is my Hardware/Software:

Xiaomi Mi9: MIUI Global 11.0.9.0 | Stable
Android Version: 10 QK1.190825.002
Security Patch: 2020-04-01
Kernel: 4.14.117-perf-gc2300ff
Android Auto: 5.2.501054-release
Waze: 4.62.1.0
Ford Sync 3

After the latest updates I have some problems:

1. No voice navigation instructions during navigation;
2. No Sound Alerts for speed Cameras;
3. When I receive/make a calls, Waze loses the GPS signal and it returns after the end of the call.

Before the latest updates Waze works perfectly...

Could someone help me, please?

Thank you.....
Zeux79