These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Question after Updating Map / Police Sighting

Post by Driver232462
I am new to waze. I have a question about when I do a map update after a police sighting. When I initially press the orange button to report, is the general location (GPS coordinates) of where I saw the police car captured at that point (after I press the orange button to report) or only after I press send? The reason I ask this is if you are traveling on the interstate (for example) going 70 MPH and see a police car, by the time to react to report by pressing the waze send button, you are probably already a mile or more past where you saw the cop. Does the app account for this so that other waze drivers behind you get a fairly accurate, timely alert of where the police vehicle is? :D
Driver232462

POSTER_ID:17992084

Send a message

Post by Driver232462
kumiankka wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:03 am After pressing the orange button, if you cannot safely complete the report, you can continue driving and the pending report will automatically minimize itself into a button on top-left area of you map. After you have found a spot where it's safe to stop your vehicle, you can pick up the pending report, fill the details and send it. Please note that you can have only one pending report at any given time. If you start new report by pressing the orange button again, it will replace your pending report.

Thanks kumiankka. This makes perfect sense. So, let's say I am driving and I see a police car at spot X and I press the orange report button. I continue to drive for 2 more minutes for example before I can submit the report. When I send the report, spot X where the police car was seen gets reported, correct and not where I am currently located? I am really enjoying this app. The map directions to driving destinations are actually better than my standalone Garmin GPS unit. I and using this along with my radar detector for max protection. I am also reporting everything IC to help out other Wazers. 

Waze is only as good as the users who are doing the reporting.  I actually prefer it to google maps but I love google maps also. Remember, you have to report if you see something. This helps the whole community out. Sometimes, the police was there but now has gone. Be sure to also report this (if the cop is no longer there) to clear the location. 👍

Driver232462
Send a message

Post by Driver232462
kumiankka wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:17 pm
Driver232462 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:41 pm When I send the report, spot X where the police car was seen gets reported, correct
Yes, the report will appear at the location where you first pressed the orange report button. Any subsequent driving or fiddling back and forth in the report menu will not change the location.

Ok, thanks. 👍

Driver232462
Send a message

Post by kumiankka
After pressing the orange button, if you cannot safely complete the report, you can continue driving and the pending report will automatically minimize itself into a button on top-left area of you map. After you have found a spot where it's safe to stop your vehicle, you can pick up the pending report, fill the details and send it. Please note that you can have only one pending report at any given time. If you start new report by pressing the orange button again, it will replace your pending report.

kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by kumiankka
Driver232462 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:41 pm When I send the report, spot X where the police car was seen gets reported, correct
Yes, the report will appear at the location where you first pressed the orange report button. Any subsequent driving or fiddling back and forth in the report menu will not change the location.
kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Answers: 1
Send a message