These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Waze NOT SHOWN as a Nav option (Just Once or Always) [Android 10]

Post by BigEdDavis
When I long-press (select) an address in another app, say Google Calendar, my phone opens up the dialog box asking which app to use to Open With.
It shows my browsers and Google Nav but no longer shows Waze as an option. It did in the past (I think this changed when I upgraded to Android 10).

Failed attempts:
  • I went to Settings/Apps and viewed the Browser (Firefox) and Google Map (gMap) and made sure their Set as Default was blank.
  • I went to Settings/Apps/Default Apps and did not see an option listing Nav choices.
  • I went to Settings/Apps Waze and it's Set as Default was blank and didn't offer an option to become one.
  • I tried to select a different Default, use it, then deselect it, to see if that enabled the option: KEYSTEPS: I selecting an address, choosing gMap as the Permanent Default, then opening the address, then closed gMap, then went to Settings / Apps; selected Maps, and de-select gMap as the default. Went back to Calendar and selected an address to see if Waze was now offered as a temp or default nav. It wasn't.
 I wish to be able to Select an address in any app, and have it open Waze immediately.

BigEdDavis

POSTER_ID:8354714

Send a message
Android 10 (+) in Samsung Galaxy S4

Post by kumiankka
BigEdDavis wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:20 pm When I long-press (select) an address in another app, say Google Calendar, my phone opens up the dialog box asking which app to use to Open With.
It shows my browsers and Google Nav but no longer shows Waze as an option. It did in the past (I think this changed when I upgraded to Android 10).

Failed attempts:
  • I went to Settings/Apps and viewed the Browser (Firefox) and Google Map (gMap) and made sure their Set as Default was blank.
  • I went to Settings/Apps/Default Apps and did not see an option listing Nav choices.
  • I went to Settings/Apps Waze and it's Set as Default was blank and didn't offer an option to become one.
  • I tried to select a different Default, use it, then deselect it, to see if that enabled the option: KEYSTEPS: I selecting an address, choosing gMap as the Permanent Default, then opening the address, then closed gMap, then went to Settings / Apps; selected Maps, and de-select gMap as the default. Went back to Calendar and selected an address to see if Waze was now offered as a temp or default nav. It wasn't.
 I wish to be able to Select an address in any app, and have it open Waze immediately.

I believe app selection is based on URLs. Check Settings -> Apps-> Waze and see if there is a setting called "Go to supported URLs", and what is its value.

kumiankka
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Answers: 1
Send a message