Android 3.5 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Android 3.5 official feedback thread

Postby tonesav » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:28 pm

Hi all
so far I am liking the new client, I do how ever get one issue which I can reproduce
I am using the Andriod Waze 3.5.0.0 on a samsung Galaxy S2 running andriod 4.0.4

The issue is when docked to my car during navigation I press the home key to use Car Dock Home V3 by IG88 Apps
then make an out going call when completed I click Waze on my short cuts to get back to navigation it loses landscape mode for Waze, its very odd as any menus come up in landscape but the nav goes portrait

I get around this by holding the home key and task switching to Waze this seems to work although less safe whilst driving

Thanks for a great product
Tony
Cheers
Tony
Area Manager Warwick and Coventry and compulsive Wazer
Twitter @Tonesav
tonesav

Postby vcoolvin » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:26 am

I too am facing unexpected issues with the latest waze version which i havent faced before, even in the betas. The issues are mentioned below.

1) GPS connection issues like the one mentioned in the post above me. Definitely not my device as other maps lock on quickly.

2) keep losing network connection over and over again where as on other apps i have the GPRS working.

3) When reporting its taking too much time to update it. (e.g. i reported a pothole but the update happened successfully after i drove over 2 KMs.

I hope these are looked into as early as can be before it has negative impact on its users. Other then these things i found it to be the best app. never got involved with any other mapping software.
vcoolvin

Postby wdominic » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:07 pm

Keep up the good work and Waze is amazing. However, I'm facing 2 major flaws in the new client for Android.

Major problems I encountered:

A) Navi bar is too big in landscape mode (I use landscape mode all the time). I can't tell the roads up ahead as the navi bar is blocking many of the roads. Please fix this quickly, not everyone drives around with portrait mode. Bad UI design

B) GPS accuracy is way off since the new client emerged. My car is being placed 10-20feet to the right and placed on the wrong roads. This doesn't happen all the time but becoming more frequent.

Dom.
wdominic

Postby WeeeZer14 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:15 am

CTCNetwork wrote:Icons missing (mentioned elsewhere)

shot_000002.png

This seems to be an intentional design choice and not an error.
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby wimg » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:28 pm

When you add a stop and you need to return after the stop over a parallel road, you get speed cam warnings on your drive TO the stop for speed cams you won't encounter until you return FROM the stop on the parallel road.
wimg

Postby wingman2tuc » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:58 pm

I selected prefer points road. And now the menu does not have that option. I cant revert that configuration.
Some time some items does not show. like labes y navigation -> category. and the list in error reporting

Samsung galaxy ace 2.3.4
wingman2tuc

Postby xtago » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:19 pm

1 how big is the screen? The bars are fairly small on a gs3.

2 GPS signal will be the phone, I'm thinking you have an old phone as my galaxy s the GPS is bit shocking like 10 meters away is close, and the GPS on gs3 is dead on and only moves 1 meter from spot as the map slightly shifts with each new GPS poll done

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
xtago

Previous

Return to Waze App