Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android 3.5.3 official feedback thread

Postby autourdupc » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:00 pm

deeggo wrote:Maybe because you put depuis before the number. In Dutch we've only put something behind it and it works.

OK... Understand !
I will do my best.
What is surprising, there is no "Minutes ago" or "hours ago".
Prices are changing everydays... So minutes and hours are missing !
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby deeggo » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:31 pm

Maybe because you put depuis before the number. In Dutch we've only put something behind it and it works.
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby fotrik » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:18 pm

Autourdupc wrote:I use to translate into French for Waze, but I don't know where teh missing texts are in the Transifex files !

They are there. If i search for English word "ago" there I see "depuis %d jours" etc. Maybe also too long? Do a small test and try someting like "dep. %d jours" in your local lang.francais file or what shortcut you find understandable if it helps and then you could implement on Transifex too. The client space on the left from this text is reserved for future display of the station address, so the space for the time cannot be wider and we have to live with the one we have.
fotrik
Localizers
Localizers

Postby autourdupc » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:11 pm

fotrik wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:Texts still truncated on right side... Missing something like "day, hours, minute, week, ...) !
Very long time this is not good.

Concerning title of the menu, In this particular text, full text is in french "Résultats de la recherche"
Only 3 chars are missing. I think there is the place to put them. You have to "auto-center" the text menu, and not put blank spaces on left of text.
Screenshot_2013-01-18-11-15-55.png

Missing day, hours... etc. I thought that it could be a translation problem but I see that the lang.francais file is correct. Strange. These text are correctly shown in other languages.

Regarding the title - I can imagine that it's not easy to optimize the formating for all languages and screen resolutions. The text is proportional and I am not sure how easy/difficult is to calculate the width in pixels in advance in Android/iOS. It's better and easier to solve such minor problems in translation by an alternate text which fits.

Concerning title, I do not consider a bug, only an improvement... Not very important !

Concerning truncated right part of text, it is very important because the value "alone" do not give details...
I use to translate into French for Waze, but I don't know where the missing texts are in the Transifex files !
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby fotrik » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Autourdupc wrote:Texts still truncated on right side... Missing something like "day, hours, minute, week, ...) !

Concerning title of the menu, In this particular text, full text is in french "Résultats de la recherche"
Only 3 chars are missing. I think there is the place to put them. You have to "auto-center" the text menu, and not put blank spaces on left of text.

Missing day, hours... etc. I thought that it could be a translation problem but I see that the lang.francais file is correct. Strange. These text are correctly shown in other languages.

Regarding the title - I can imagine that it's not easy to optimize the formating for all languages and screen resolutions. The text is proportional and I am not sure how easy/difficult is to calculate the width in pixels in advance in Android/iOS. It's better and easier to solve such minor problems in translation by an alternate text which fits.
fotrik
Localizers
Localizers

Postby foxitrot » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:13 pm

Whether these are client- or routing server-related...

I've reached my route's via (stop) point, its time disappeared from the ETA window, the next displayed turn already belonged to the following violet route, yet the client was still displaying also the rosa route (instead of rerouting me) - possibly because I was snapped to an adjacent segment few (tens of) meters displaced from my stop point.

Shortly prior to reaching another stop point (in the middle of a two-way segment), I've noticed that the violet route actually U-turns at the segment and goes back along the lila route (although it is perfectly possible (and usually faster) to continue straight).
Last edited by foxitrot on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added one more stop point issue
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby foxitrot » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:45 pm

An event popup displays the reporting wazer's icon including his group icon. The same wazer's details popup omits his group icon. Why? (This question is possibly not related to this particular client version.)

SC20130118-144553_.png
(50.81 KiB) Downloaded 686 times

SC20130118-144608_.png
(35.21 KiB) Downloaded 686 times

Another question is, how can one and the same user be "anonymous" on one popup and properly named on another popup, at the same time (time difference between the two screenshots was just 14 seconds)?
Last edited by foxitrot on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added screenshots
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby amiga6 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:25 pm

Twister_UK wrote:Cosmetic issue with text alignment on the petrol station selection screen...

[ img ]

I got this reply earlier in another thread:
The gas layout is correct, in the US it shows the address of the gas station. It hasn't been implemented yet in the international server.
amiga6
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby autourdupc » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:22 am

Texts still truncated on right side... Missing something like "day, hours, minute, week, ...) !

(49.47 KiB) Downloaded 835 times
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

Postby autourdupc » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:14 am

Text is not well centered (horizontally and vertically), and is truncated at bottom.
Screenshot_2013-01-18-10-57-06.png
(86.7 KiB) Downloaded 834 times
autourdupc
Localizers
Localizers

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App