These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Can I add a personalized route somehow?

Post by cloudyrei
So for some reason Waze is avoiding the one exit I normally use, that cuts off a good deal of my travel time, like the plauge. Maybe it's a new exit? I don't think it is... Anyway can someone tell me if/how I can add my route? I know I read it can be done I just don't know how. Also this may be in the wrong sub-forum sorry if it is.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2
cloudyrei

POSTER_ID:16961224

Send a message

Post by CBenson
No, there is no way currently to add a route you want to follow in the app.

However, the question becomes why isn't waze routing the fastest route? You can edit the waze map to make sure that waze has the roads correct in the area. If you look at the edit map and post a permalink of the exit, you can get a lot help here on the forums with correcting any map errors that may be causing your bad route.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by cloudyrei
Yeah it tries to take me down a side road to get on the highway when the exit is right in front of me then when I pass the side road but am not quite at the exit it tries to have me go past the exit, make a u-turn, then get on the exit coming from the other direction... it's very odd to say the least! I'll have to check out the map editor when I get home from work. Thanks for the info! =]

Sent from my LG-L38C using Tapatalk 2
cloudyrei
Send a message