These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

[[Support]] Unable to connect to network.

Post by Seasider
Since updating the software to Android 2.3.6.4 I have been having sporadic problems trying to connect to the network.

The problem has been getting worse over the last couple of days (yesterday and today unable to connect for over 30 mins at a time).

All I get is the 'searching network' message although, somewhat bizarrely I am able to get routes and therefore navigation just fine, so one can only assume it isn't a problem with the routing server.

I originally thought it was just a snag with my handset, but after talking to a few other users who are not on Android (nokia and blackberry), they are having the same problems, hence the post here.

Haylp
Seasider

POSTER_ID:511158

Send a message
Seasider

Sometimes, the light at the end of the tunnel, is just a train coming the other way!!!

Client - Samsung Galaxy S3 - Jellybean
AM - Lancs UK (most of)
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Seasider1972
Emyther - waze.map.update.lancs@gmail.com

Post by krankyd
the issue has been resolved for the client (mobile app) but not for the website yet.
Thank you everybody for your great feedback. I will update a new post with all the details in a second.

There are issues with the connectivity on the latest Android version which is a separate issue and we are working on a resolution, but most likely this will require a new version.
I will update on this matter as soon as we have more details.
krankyd
Send a message
wazing like a hurricane

Post by Letalis
I have noticed the same problem with my ZTE Blade and CM7.
the only solution that has helped me is to "erase data" under Apps,
After this I can enter my credentials and I'm up'n'running again.

And it works for a few times then I have to do it all over again.
Letalis
Send a message

Post by Litavnieks
a few days I have trouble with connecting to WAZE When my phone is using internet 3g, If I 3G turn out THEN it works with E connection very good

BUT with 3G something is wrong !
Litavnieks
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4
Send a message
[img]https:///p9mgM[/img]

Post by myld
In my experience, since the last Market version (Android, HTC Desire) the connection almost always fails when I start Waze (grayed out icons).

If I exit Waze and start it again, the connection will work instantly. On rare occasions, I have to restart Waze twice.

If I don't restart, and just wait, the icons stay gray.

Before the last Market version, I always got a connection immediately Waze started.
myld
Send a message

Post by myld
myld wrote:In my experience, since the last Market version (Android, HTC Desire) the connection almost always fails when I start Waze (grayed out icons).

If I exit Waze and start it again, the connection will work instantly. On rare occasions, I have to restart Waze twice.

If I don't restart, and just wait, the icons stay gray.

Before the last Market version, I always got a connection immediately Waze started.
This behavior still remains in version 2.4.0.1.
myld
Send a message

Post by Paul_LordDarcy
The connection seemed very uncertain in the middle of the day (UK time) - using an iPhone here ... I was out 'cookie munching' this evening without noticing a connection problem, so maybe it was a transitory problem. Here's hoping.
Paul_LordDarcy
Send a message
Paul
Google+ : http://bit.ly/Paul-GPlus
Twitter : @PaulHutchinson

Post by rajo
Exactly same experience. Together with lot of crashes quite often with reboot of whole system.

R.
Android 2.2 (2.29.405.5) on HTC Desire
rajo
Send a message
AM: West Slovakia from BA to ZA on iPhone

Post by rocky7st
I have the same problem, can't connect to the network anymore with wi-fi or 3G.
rocky7st
Send a message

Post by rocky7st
Ah yep I too am connected again. Must have been something wrong with the server.
rocky7st
Send a message