Android v3.8.1.0 Feedback

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Android v3.8.1.0 Feedback

Postby uncleiro » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:50 am

I had version 3.7.8.0 on my motorola droid 4 and it worked great. The new version 3.8.1.0 will not send my shared ride by text. I also am not receiving shared ride text messages from my friends.

Is there a way to install the older version that worked?
uncleiro

Postby gas_85 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:06 am

uncleiro wrote:I had version 3.7.8.0 on my motorola droid 4 and it worked great. The new version 3.8.1.0 will not send my shared ride by text. I also am not receiving shared ride text messages from my friends.

For example here: http://www.apkdad.com/waze-social-gps-m ... c-3-8-0-0/
Cyanogen mod for everybody --> get here.
Get older Waze version, or latest pre 4.x.

ImageImage
gas_85

Postby speedlever » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:40 am

uncleiro wrote:I had version 3.7.8.0 on my motorola droid 4 and it worked great. The new version 3.8.1.0 will not send my shared ride by text. I also am not receiving shared ride text messages from my friends.

Which older version did you have in mind? There is a rollback thread for 3.7.8.
AT&T GS4
Android 5.0.1
speedlever

Postby MoodZy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:09 am

Updates perfectly for me.

claudiobp wrote:In update requests conversations, the editor level still shows substracted by one.

I also experienced this.
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Churchill

MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby gibby13 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:26 pm

Been having this issue for a while now. On my Note 2, with Waze in portrait mode, the speedometer is under the friends online icon.

waze_bug.JPG
waze_bug.JPG (103.41 KiB) Viewed 882 times
gibby13

Postby mjdoom » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:24 pm

I am not sure if this is specific to this version but sketch asked me to post here from WME. The current voice behavior as it relates to roundabouts caused me to take a wrong direction on a recent drive (that was thankfully easily corrected). I have attached an image of the relevant section of the drive to this post.

I was travelling southbound on Rockwood Rd. heading toward North St. southbound. Our hypothesis is that the first roundabout was handled "silently" by the client since I was going straight through to the opposite side and so the direction I heard was to take the "3rd exit from the roundabout". Unfortunately this caused me to take the 3rd exit from the first roundabout on to Main St. which caused a bit of a diversion off of the numbered highway I was travelling on.

I am not sure what the answer is here since using directionals strictly on roundabouts may be confusing with "right/left" but maybe if there is a way to make it still give a direction on "straight" roundabouts so I still would have gotten "take the 2nd exit at the round about, then, take the 3rd exit at the roundabout" I would have continued travelling on the intended path.
Attachments
roundabouts.JPG
roundabouts.JPG (152.08 KiB) Viewed 902 times
mjdoom

Postby PesachZ » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:35 pm

mjdoom wrote:I am not sure if this is specific to this version but sketch asked me to post here from WME. The current voice behavior as it relates to roundabouts caused me to take a wrong direction on a recent drive (that was thankfully easily corrected). I have attached an image of the relevant section of the drive to this post.

I was travelling southbound on Rockwood Rd. heading toward North St. southbound. Our hypothesis is that the first roundabout was handled "silently" by the client since I was going straight through to the opposite side and so the direction I heard was to take the "3rd exit from the roundabout". Unfortunately this caused me to take the 3rd exit from the first roundabout on to Main St. which caused a bit of a diversion off of the numbered highway I was travelling on.

I am not sure what the answer is here since using directionals strictly on roundabouts may be confusing with "right/left" but maybe if there is a way to make it still give a direction on "straight" roundabouts so I still would have gotten "take the 2nd exit at the round about, then, take the 3rd exit at the roundabout" I would have continued travelling on the intended path.

Just as you entered the first roundabout, you should have heard just the two words "continue straight".

Because this is consisted continuing along the same road, Waze ignores it in the next instruction scheme. So you'll hear the instruction for the turn following the straight roundabout from after the last turn before the roundabouts. (I hope that wasn't too confusing). Then as you ensure the straight roundabout you should hear one announcement to continue straight if you have TTS on.

I too find this confusing and complained about it a while back. I think the roundabout command on the tts/routing server need to be altered to give full instructions for every roundabout. However that could become annoying for those driving in areas where every intersection is a calming circle set up as a roundabout in Waze.
ImageImageImageImageNYImageImageImageImageImageImage
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
State specific Wiki | Forum
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby bz2012 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:36 pm

Another round-about problem, different client (IOS).
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lon=-91.17165&lat=30.41656&layers=1925&zoom=6
North bound on Dalrymple.
Via Dalrymple Dr
depart from Dalrymple Dr
at the roundabout, take 2nd exit
arrive at destination

The problem is that although it IS literally the 2nd EXIT, it is the 3rd 'intersecting roadway' and a stranger to the area is likely to turn on the wrong street.
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby PesachZ » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:42 pm

bz2012 wrote:Another round-about problem, different client (IOS).
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=usa&lon=-91.17165&lat=30.41656&layers=1925&zoom=6
North bound on Dalrymple.
Via Dalrymple Dr
depart from Dalrymple Dr
at the roundabout, take 2nd exit
arrive at destination

The problem is that although it IS literally the 2nd EXIT, it is the 3rd 'intersecting roadway' and a stranger to the area is likely to turn on the wrong street.

The instructions by design only count EXITS, a driver should be able to tell which roads are allowed to be driven on, as exits.
ImageImageImageImageNYImageImageImageImageImageImage
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
State specific Wiki | Forum
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Find friends from contacts - failure

Postby MarcinDrajwer » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:43 pm

Hi,

This is something I observed when I switched from 3.8.0 to 3.8.1.

In 3.8.0 when I go to the "find friends from contacts" menu, I have a full list of my contacts (~400 entries or so).

Now, with 3.8.1 the list contains only ~7 entries. At first glance these contacts are some entries in my SIM, BUT not all of them are there though. None of my original contacts are on the list now. This also means, that my already established friends' nicknames do not map to their names in my phonebook, and I lost contact photos. This does not fix itself after a few hours, that I've given to it to sync somewhere in the background whenever it wants to.

Full app+data removal (with waze directory on internal sdcard) with all reboots on the way, and with a fresh install and login/sms confirmation - did not help. The contact related changes between 3.8.0 and 3.8.1 need to be looked at.

One thing that might be different with my setup - I do not store my contacts on the phone, or SIM, or gmail; I have a CardDAV and sync with WebDAV contacts. No other apps are having issues with accessing these however.

Another thing is if the contacts are interated over... if only some of my SIM entries got through, and some contain names like ".something" or "text - text", then maybe some new code fails when processing unusual contact names. Don't ask me why my carrier put these on my SIM...

As a fallback I am stuck with 3.8.0, which works perfectly, but makes no notification sound, when someone shares a drive, etc. Tried to make a workaround for this with Tasker (Notification Event), but these notifications are not caught by it unfortunately.

Other information: Android 4.3 (JB), Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

If you (devs) need more information, please PM and I'll be happy to provide any details I can.
MarcinDrajwer

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App