Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by JimFromIL
PesachZ wrote:
JimFromIL wrote:I've posted this elsewhere, but will do it again. Street names that have a PREFIX of St. are now being pronounced as "Street" instead of "Saint". Real life examples: Turn right on Street Clair Avenue, should speak "Turn right on Saint Clair Avenue". Another: Turn left on Street Louis Road, when it should speak, "Turn left on Saint Louis Road". It's been happening since the 3.8.0 and 3.8.1. Others know about it. :?
Please provide permalinks to the example segments.
I don't know how to provide "permalinks" of the segments. Kindly walk me through that. Thanks. :?:
JimFromIL
Send a message

Post by JLOWPhoenix
I would really like the ability to hide user icons from the map. Especially when navigating; or at least user icons on the highlighted route.

I've been using the app just over a month now, and love it for my daily commute. My commute route has other participants, but not tons. Last week I traveled to Orlando Florida for work (my first trip since I started using Waze). I found the app nearly unusable for navigating an area I am unfamiliar with that as has tons of other participants.

The massive amount of user icons overlaid on the map made it very difficult to see the highlighted route while navigating, and nearly impossible to see street and freeway names and numbers. It also seemed to make the interface refresh and respond slowly, especially to reroute/recalculate after missing a turn. Even when I knew where I was going, and just trying to use the app while driving, the overwhelm of user icons made the map feel unusable.
JLOWPhoenix
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1
Send a message
I live and work in the Spokane area (Eastern Washington); but I also travel all over the US for work.

Post by JLOWPhoenix
PesachZ wrote:
JLOWPhoenix wrote:I would really like the ability to hide user icons from the map. Especially when navigating; or at least user icons on the highlighted route.
This option, along with many others are available in the settings. To turn off the icons of other Wazers (user icons), Tap the Waze icon (bottom left) > settings (gear/cog) > Display Settings > Show on Map > unchecked whatever you do t want to see (Wazers are top on the list).
Awesome! Can't believe hadn't found that.
JLOWPhoenix
Map Editor - Level 1
Map Editor - Level 1
Send a message
I live and work in the Spokane area (Eastern Washington); but I also travel all over the US for work.

Post by Jmesadino
Scoreboard not working since July 29th.
Jmesadino
Send a message

Post by joncwatts
Hi

I am no longer able to Shut Down the app from the Notifications area on my Samsung Galaxy S4. Can you reinstate this functionality as it is really useful.

Thanks
Jon
joncwatts
Send a message

Post by JossTerrellu
I keep receiving force closes, I open the app - FCs, I re-open it and search - FC, I open it again, start navigation - FC, open again, start driving - FC.
Almost every time I do something it FCs again.

I'm also receiving these little squares and numbers - seen in the screenshot. They move around like street names do, but they are errors - not sure what's going on.

Anyone know how to fix it?

Android 4.4.4
CyanogenMod 11
Oppo N1
JossTerrellu
Map Editor - level 2
Map Editor - level 2
Send a message
Attachments

Post by KB_Steveo
joncwatts wrote:Hi

I am no longer able to Shut Down the app from the Notifications area on my Samsung Galaxy S4. Can you reinstate this functionality as it is really useful.

Thanks
Jon
Works fine on my GS4 (Sprint - CDMA). Maybe try an uninstall/reinstall?
KB_Steveo
Send a message
images/ranks/BetaTester_Badge.png[img]https:///nRpy81[/img]
WI State Manager
NE Wisconsin Area Manager (Green Bay / Appleton / Sturgeon Bay)
Wisconsin mapping resources curator

Post by KB_Steveo
I have a new, troubling issue: TTS will tell me to turn right when I need to turn left. The on screen arrow is correct, but verbal direction is wrong.
I noticed this at the 800m instruction, looked at my phone, thought I was crazy because, when I picked up my phone and paid special attention, the 200m verbal instruction was correct. This happened at a roundabout (Sprint - Galaxy S4)
My wife also complained about this on her phone (Sprint - LG Optimus G). She had it tell her right at both 200 and 800m instructions when the screen had a left arrow. This happened at a 'T' intersection.
KB_Steveo
Send a message
WI State Manager

Post by KB_Steveo
Is there a reason that the map never shows up here?
[img][/img]
KB_Steveo
Send a message
WI State Manager

Post by kelemvor33
Search function can't figure out that '&' and 'and' are the same thing.

If I search for "Chili's Grill and Bar" I don't get any results near me.
If I search for "Chili's Grill & Bar" I get tons of results.

The search feature should be able to figure out that those are the same things...
kelemvor33
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message