These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by dabonz413
Yep. And my main language is set to English US
dabonz413
Send a message

Post by daedalus01
I'm finding that the "road report opportunistic confirmation" box (the one that has you either "thank" or say "not there" to an upcoming road report) will get stuck on the screen with no way to make it go away; choosing either of the options, or tapping "x" doesn't close that box, so it stays stuck on the screen.

Nexus 5 CM11 4.4.4
daedalus01
Send a message

Post by doubleObrett
I've been having a problem with adding stops.

I navigate to a primary destination and then add a stop. The stop is always 0 minutes away and the route does not change. If I zoom out on the map, I see the stop marker at the right location but he route does not connect to it.

This happened on my S3 which got the update on top of the previous version. It also is happening on my brand new S5 where it was installed after the 3.8.1.0 release.
doubleObrett
Send a message

Post by DouglasRULY
I have been using the app for just over a week now, on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.

The only issue that has cropped up since Sunday is sharing my drives. When I choose a route and start navigating, selecting to share the drive directly from the list that pops up, caused the app to crash. I removed and reinstalled the app, as well as clearing my cache & data, and it still did this. What appears to work now is if I first touch the icon to share my drive with my contacts, THEN choose who I want to share a drive from there, and it seems to work fine. It do did so this morning. However, if I choose a contact directly from that first screen, then it crashes, but not if I go the long route (pun not intended), to share a drive with the same contact.

I tried to see if it was a setting, and from a clean install made changes step-by-step, and the only possible suspect I could get was when I changed from the default map colour scheme, and also when I added a Parking Icon accidentally, as doing this seemed to make the app unstable. However, as mentioned in the previous paragraph, as long as I first go into my contacts and share the drive from there, and not directly, all is well, regardless of parking icons or map colour scheme settings.

I searched for this issue on this forum, as well as via Google, and didn't seem to come up with anything, but at least it seems there is a workaround for the crashes.

Otherwise a great app, got a 4* rating from me on the Play store, just wish more people around me would use it, AND report traffic and other hazards. As with any GPS, it sometimes has some bizarre routing ideas, but can forgive Serena this oddity, as I think I am in love, lol! :lol:

DRU
DouglasRULY
Send a message

Post by DrMacinyasha
Hi Wazers! Just a quick request regarding the Android app:

Instead of using /sdcard/waze to store Waze's various data, would it be possible to have Waze follow the [url=https://developer.android.com/guide/top ... orage.html]Android API Guides[url] and store the data in /sdcard/Android/data/com.waze instead?

As an added benefit, when the app is uninstalled or its data is cleared, the folder is purged as well.

Thanks!
DrMacinyasha
Send a message

Post by DrMacinyasha
PesachZ wrote:
DrMacinyasha wrote:Hi Wazers! Just a quick request regarding the Android app:

Instead of using /sdcard/waze to store Waze's various data, would it be possible to have Waze follow the [url=https://developer.android.com/guide/top ... orage.html]Android API Guides[url] and store the data in /sdcard/Android/data/com.waze instead?

As an added benefit, when the app is uninstalled or its data is cleared, the folder is purged as well.

Thanks!
Your posting in an outdated thread. v3.8.1.0 has already been published and has its own thread. Also this may better in the app feature request thread.
Is this not the v3.8.1.0 thread? And I would post in the feature request sub-forum, but based on looking around at other threads in there, and the Wiki, it seems more dedicated for site or all-client issues, whereas this is an improvement/bug with the Android client, specifically.
DrMacinyasha
Send a message

Post by EdFromOhio
lv_guard wrote:There is the huge bug in application, you can report anything, except gas prices.
- Report - GAS prices - mostly you get the error "No GPS found"
I also experience this problem 9 out of 10 times with my Galaxy S4 with this latest app version. Waze obviously knows my location and shows my current speed and location, so GPS is working fine. Other GPS apps work fine as well. But when I try to manually report gas prices, it immediately comes back with "No GPS found" almost every time. It takes literally about 5-10 tries before it shows nearby gas stations.
EdFromOhio
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message

Post by edm203
I'm noticing my phone gets really hot after I use waze and shut it down, and the only way to fix it is to reboot my phone.

I have a Nexus 4 with kitkat 4.4.4 and it has been rooted.
edm203
Send a message

Post by el_brazilian
Hi,

Little issue when exiting a control zone : the popup on the screen does not disappear and stay until I quit the application:

See screenshot below:

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/487190Screenshot20140729191238001.png

Thanks !
el_brazilian
Send a message

Post by EranRM
I am using a LG G3 phone.
Using this Waze version, the voice guidance is not heard (or actually a very low voice).
This was okay in previous version.

Please advise if this is going to be fixed
EranRM
Send a message