Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by wolfsbane2k
KB_Steveo wrote:I have a new, troubling issue: TTS will tell me to turn right when I need to turn left. The on screen arrow is correct, but verbal direction is wrong.
I noticed this at the 800m instruction, looked at my phone, thought I was crazy because, when I picked up my phone and paid special attention, the 200m verbal instruction was correct. This happened at a roundabout (Sprint - Galaxy S4)
My wife also complained about this on her phone (Sprint - LG Optimus G). She had it tell her right at both 200 and 800m instructions when the screen had a left arrow. This happened at a 'T' intersection.
I'm pretty sure i've had this as well, but thought it was my hearing/brain going wrong, rather than anything else. Turns out it might not be....
wolfsbane2k
Send a message
Mondeo Driver, lurking somewhere on the M27 but no longer editing.

Post by xorciste
On the new version, can we remove the new bouton on the Screen to add a friend with the phone number?
I did not want to used it and it take place on the screen.
Thank
xorciste
Send a message

Post by Xuefer
after deleting waze folder in sdcard, waze no longer works. the app data has to be clear too to recover from this state
This make make me into thinking that, waze store data not just separately, but separately illogically: waze store a flag(s) in app data about if something is downloaded to sdcard, why not just store this flag(s) with those data together in sdcard? data stored in sdcard tends to be corrupted/lost or switched sdcard etc. It's ok if waze won't detect if some file is removed in sdcard, but in case the whole folder is deleted it should download/reinitialize to a working state

this may have something to do with the following issue below
Xuefer
Localizers
Localizers
Send a message

Post by Xuefer
i was using old waze and have Chinese (any lang other than the builtin english) lang downloaded automatically. when waze is upgraded it still using old lang file until i update the map data in waze setting

even so, some of the old lang strings remains there
for example, some string was translated to Chinese in old version of lang file, but is decided to be not translated in new lang file. i update the map (so does lang file), the english text is still in chinese translated state (while other translated string is updated)
this problem won't disappear until i remove the entire waze folder on sdcard (which lead to the problem i post in previous reply)
Xuefer
Localizers
Localizers
Send a message

Post by Xuefer
the new waze app ask me to verify (associate) phone number, which is good. but after i logout, this weird thing happen: i re-login with my verified account and it ask me to verify the phone again. when i do it just stuck there no going everywhere. i had to close waze gracefully and open waze back up, it seems i've login correctly by checking the setting/account page. that means the re-verify isn't necessary at all
Xuefer
Localizers
Localizers
Send a message

Post by Xuefer
PesachZ wrote: To clear out the old language translations for TTS you shouldn't need to delete the entire folder. Open Waze and navigate to [cc@tts], type it in as if its an address you want to navigate to, without the square brackets. This should erase all previously downloaded language strings.
I see no "cc@tts" folder inside Waze folder but there is lang.eng lang.chinese lang.chinese_tts files and tts folder
Xuefer
Localizers
Localizers
Send a message

Post by yuppster
Same issue here. I have been receiving "Oops! Something went wrong..." whenever I check my messages or try to view the scoreboard. Any ideas?
yuppster
Send a message