Android v3.8.1.0 Feedback

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Android v3.8.1.0 Feedback

Postby AndreaDFC » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:28 am

Here in Italy a lot of users report that they cannot update gas prices because "they are not correct".
AndreaDFC
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby pjw65 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:06 am

No ASR Menu German or English language while in Switzerland.
I could see it while on holiday in the UK and also today as I was on a short trip in Germany.

But it works perfect when I turn it on with ##@asr.
pjw65
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby KB_Steveo » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:28 am

Is there a reason that the map never shows up here?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/ROHWx80.jpg[/img]
KB_Steveo
State Manager
State Manager

Postby taco909 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:27 am

TTS issue that I've sworn I've heard frequently, and now I'm starting to see UR's relating a similar issue.

When Waze is giving the advance left turn alert (half mile, 900ft, etc...) it REALLY sounds like Samantha is saying "right" instead of "left"

At the intersection, she is saying left, but the enunciation seems just a bit off, and given the low volume of the phone's speaker (too low to hear at highway speeds in my Tacoma even with the windows up), it is easy to see how it could be construed as "right"

I've asked the reporters for feedback letting me know if the directed path is incorrect or if it is only a TTS instruction error (no turns on the GPS/Route on the map with the URs) but so far no response.
I really suspect that they are hearing what I'm hearing.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby kelemvor33 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:55 pm

Search function can't figure out that '&' and 'and' are the same thing.

If I search for "Chili's Grill and Bar" I don't get any results near me.
If I search for "Chili's Grill & Bar" I get tons of results.

The search feature should be able to figure out that those are the same things...
kelemvor33
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby taco909 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:21 am

PesachZ wrote:Recently several times over the past week, some pop-ups (for cameras, police, etc.) Don't disappear after their timer expired, or after taking the "x", "Not There", or "thumbs up" button. The only way to dismiss the pop-up seems to be to restart the app which is not good while driving.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2

Edit: G+ post of same issue by others

Not unrelated...

Yesterday wife and I were on I-5 approaching 118.
There were a BUNCH of police and accident reports on both roads.
Not a cop or accident in sight, wife brought up the details and these were reported by Waze 8 hours earlier.

I'd also like to know where Waze gets its information for reporting police. I've encountered a number of police alerts, reported by Waze within the last 15 minutes... no cop.
Is this coming from social media? I was at a traffic engineering luncheon a little over a year ago and one of the presenters was talking about accessing social media and scanning for key words in tweets such as "Stuck" or "Traffic" or highway names, and analyzing messages that trigger the "interest" to determine location and conditions.

I don't recall what company the presenter was with, his presentation was mostly visions for the future of transportation including self-driving vehicles, but the portion of the presentation that talked about the social media aspects used Waze character icons.
taco909
Map Editor - Level 4
Map Editor - Level 4

Postby mechanik_en57 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:50 pm

on huawei P6 with update 513 android 4.4.2 at first attempt to use waze always blackscreen, after acknowliging error closure of waze and restart of waze al is going well ... so waze can be used after blackscreen and errr and restart ... what is the problem?
mechanik_en57

Postby PesachZ » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:28 am

Recently several times over the past week, some pop-ups (for cameras, police, etc.) Don't disappear after their timer expired, or after taking the "x", "Not There", or "thumbs up" button. The only way to dismiss the pop-up seems to be to restart the app which is not good while driving.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2

Edit: G+ post of same issue by others
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby Nicotunes » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:10 pm

WTH? I booted Waze this morning, and it brought up screens as if I had just installed it....Had to agree to terms and conditions, verify my phone number and my screen was reset to 3D mode. Luckily my Home and Work locations were not wiped.

Anyone else see this?
Nicotunes

Postby MoodZy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:30 pm

JasonQR wrote:Unable to report road closure when not in navigation mode.

That is completely normal, imagine how much people would abuse it if it was possible. ;) A small group of people could make the map completely undrivable.

JasonQR wrote:Unable to report road closure for road segment that you're on or that is part of your driving history.

I suppose the idea is that, if you drove it, it's not closed (which seems pretty logical and usefull in most cases). But in some specific situations it could create problems.
MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App