Android v3.8.1.0 Feedback

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: Android v3.8.1.0 Feedback

Postby rghvdberg » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:22 am

Samsung Galaxy Pocket.
Waze is crashing everytime when trying to navigate. It's so bad that I can't use it anymore. Sometimes I get the report dialog but most of the times it crashes to the homescreen. I just keep it on my phone waiting for an update that will fix this.
rghvdberg

Postby speedlever » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:54 am

Sounds like you likely need a complete uninstall followed by a full reinstall of the app.
AT&T GS4
Android 5.0.1
speedlever

Postby MoodZy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:19 pm

rghvdberg wrote:Samsung Galaxy Pocket.
Waze is crashing everytime when trying to navigate. It's so bad that I can't use it anymore. Sometimes I get the report dialog but most of the times it crashes to the homescreen. I just keep it on my phone waiting for an update that will fix this.

I suggest you to delete the app, and reinstall it. If the problem subsists, delete the app, delete all Waze folders, restart your phone and reinstall it.
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Churchill

MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby JimFromIL » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:45 pm

PesachZ wrote:
JimFromIL wrote:I've posted this elsewhere, but will do it again. Street names that have a PREFIX of St. are now being pronounced as "Street" instead of "Saint". Real life examples: Turn right on Street Clair Avenue, should speak "Turn right on Saint Clair Avenue". Another: Turn left on Street Louis Road, when it should speak, "Turn left on Saint Louis Road". It's been happening since the 3.8.0 and 3.8.1. Others know about it. :?

Please provide permalinks to the example segments.

I don't know how to provide "permalinks" of the segments. Kindly walk me through that. Thanks. :?:
JimFromIL

Postby PesachZ » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:46 pm

JimFromIL wrote:
PesachZ wrote:
JimFromIL wrote:I've posted this elsewhere, but will do it again. Street names that have a PREFIX of St. are now being pronounced as "Street" instead of "Saint". Real life examples: Turn right on Street Clair Avenue, should speak "Turn right on Saint Clair Avenue". Another: Turn left on Street Louis Road, when it should speak, "Turn left on Saint Louis Road". It's been happening since the 3.8.0 and 3.8.1. Others know about it. :?

Please provide permalinks to the example segments.

I don't know how to provide "permalinks" of the segments. Kindly walk me through that. Thanks. :?:

You can find all the details in this wiki article https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Permalink#Permalink
ImageImageImageNYImageImageImageImageImageImage
Formal Mentoring, Wiki
Useful Wiki pages
URs & etiquette | WME | Editing Manual | Quick-Start Guide | Best Map Editing Practices | Junctions
State specific Wiki | Forum
PesachZ
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Postby aequitasXI » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:40 pm

The Scoreboard stopped working today, seems universal among all Android models.. Please fix! It says:

Oops! Something went wrong... Sorry, there is a problem viewing this page. Please try again later.

The same happens on iOS. Is this a server issue or app issue? Please fix!
aequitasXI

Postby daedalus01 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:55 pm

I'm finding that the "road report opportunistic confirmation" box (the one that has you either "thank" or say "not there" to an upcoming road report) will get stuck on the screen with no way to make it go away; choosing either of the options, or tapping "x" doesn't close that box, so it stays stuck on the screen.

Nexus 5 CM11 4.4.4
daedalus01

Postby speedlever » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:01 am

aequitasXI wrote:The Scoreboard stopped working today, seems universal among all Android models.. Please fix! It says:

Oops! Something went wrong... Sorry, there is a problem viewing this page. Please try again later.

This is also true on 3.7.8 on Android.
AT&T GS4
Android 5.0.1
speedlever

Postby paulkok_my » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:09 am

aequitasXI wrote:The Scoreboard stopped working today, seems universal among all Android models.. Please fix! It says:

I don't face this problem in Malaysia on my Samsung Galaxy S3 running on OS version 4.1.2.

It would be great if you could tell the brand & model of the mobile, OS version and even location you are facing this problem so that the problem can be narrowed down.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Area Manager: Shah Alam / Klang, Southern Region, Malaysia
Asus Zenfone 2 on Android 5.0

Join our FB group: Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah/Sarawak
or Google+ group: Waze in Malaysia on Google+
paulkok_my
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs

Postby MoodZy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:11 am

paulkok_my wrote:

I don't face this problem in Malaysia on my Samsung Galaxy S3 running on OS version 4.1.2.

It would be great if you could tell the brand & model of the mobile, OS version and even location you are facing this problem so that the problem can be narrowed down.

It works for me too (Nexus 5 - Android 4.4.4 - Waze 3.8.1)
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Churchill

MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App