These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Slobalt
rickh7 wrote:
USAvenger wrote:From http://status.waze.com:
Delay in points update (INTL and NA) [UPDATE]
[UPDATE]

We are checking a possible problem with the points update procedure.

We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

——————————————————————————-

There’s currently a delay in the scoreboard and dashboard points display.

This issue will be fixed in the upcoming days. Please note that no points will be lost.

The Infrastructure Team.

This entry was posted in Main on August 17, 2014.
We just have to be patient, folks. Their system administrator has to travel from Antarctica by boat to resolve these issues when they occur. :D
You forgot to mention that the administrator is using a row boat, and has only a single 1-meter plastic paddle, has been drinking, and is not using Waze to navigate. :)
Lol seems like it! But like I said, they stated NO points will be lost but I keep track and lost a lot that I worked for. The dashboard on the site is updating now and on the app but my points are still missing.

Guess they didn't think anyone kept track of their points huh? I know they mean nothing but it's still not right to take them away. I think for everyone that lost points should be awarded double of what they lost, on my opinion. Ever since Google bought this app each update is getting worse.... I'm starting to consider looking for a new GPS app, sadly :( I've always loved Waze until all these problems, not just this....
Slobalt
Send a message

Post by Slobalt
Firree wrote:
Slobalt wrote:Lol seems like it! But like I said, they stated NO points will be lost but I keep track and lost a lot that I worked for. The dashboard on the site is updating now and on the app but my points are still missing.

Guess they didn't think anyone kept track of their points huh? I know they mean nothing but it's still not right to take them away. I think for everyone that lost points should be awarded double of what they lost, on my opinion. Ever since Google bought this app each update is getting worse.... I'm starting to consider looking for a new GPS app, sadly :( I've always loved Waze until all these problems, not just this....
They didn't "take them away". There is a problem with the point system and the devs assure us that everything is fine and no points will be lost. It's not a big deal. A little over a month ago the scoreboard didn't update but the navigation and update servers still worked just fine. It was fixed after a week. That's exactly the case today. I lost about 40k points but I didn't even notice or care. Why? Points are perhaps the most unimportant feature of Waze, in my opinion.

What's the point of points? So I can drive around with that super duper pixel crown and feel more complete with my otherwise insignificant drive to work? The core (far more important) functions of Waze still remain and still work perfectly. Be patient and I guarantee you'll get your points back.
I guess I came off wrong writing my post, sorry about that, I know points are useless and that navigation is key. But like I said at the end, it's been getting more buggy after each update in my opinion. Even after clean installs, and I've searched and many people have been getting impatient with the bugs in the system. I still (and will) use Waze daily though because I remember the first day I got it, and I've loved it since. It just needs some adjustments and some of the features to be able to be turned off, like sharing the drive pop up each time you navigate, but it's still a great app don't get me wrong.
Slobalt
Send a message

Post by Slobalt
felohidalgo wrote:There is a new tool running now, which is built to identify cheaters and remove the points made by over reporting or false drives. This is the announcement:

We started a process that identifies users who cheat on reports or drives. In both cases we identify users who crossed a threshold (a very high one) of reports or of daily driven KM more then once. These users are blocked from reporting or editing, respectively, and the points gained through these actions are deduced. In both cases those users are removed from the scoreboard.

We'll monitor the process and adjust as necessary, please let us know of any related issues you encounter.

I am not saying that you are cheating but could be because the adjustment of the process.
I don't cheat, but I do report a lot, but it's mainly because the roads in my area are VERY bad, horrible pot holes (even kn highways) lots of cops, animals crossing the roads, etc. ....
Slobalt
Send a message

Post by USAvenger
From http://status.waze.com:
Delay in points update (INTL and NA) [UPDATE]
[UPDATE]

We are checking a possible problem with the points update procedure.

——————————————————————————-

There’s currently a delay in the scoreboard and dashboard points display.

This issue will be fixed in the upcoming days. Please note that no points will be lost.

The Infrastructure Team.

This entry was posted in Main on August 17, 2014.
We just have to be patient, folks. Their system administrator has to travel from Antarctica by boat to resolve these issues when they occur. :D
USAvenger
Send a message
[img]https:///mSz3t[/img] [img]https:///mgUUB[/img]

Post by vince1612
Boby-HRZ wrote:I lost over 4000 points. Two days ago I had 88500 points and yesterday when I checked there were only 84380, and that is after I drove about 500 km. I didn't get my points for those km driven, instead of that I'm missing those 4000+ points.
This is an old thread. Please see the latest one: Weekly Points Showing as negative? in the correct forum category: Ranks and Points.
vince1612
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... v18.10.png
Wiki & Forum: Wiki CH (D)(FR) | Forum CH (D) (FR) (I)
1+1=3 - The result of bringing talents together goes beyond simply adding them up.
https://i.ibb.co/2k1TJHH/RIPIain.png

Post by waynelysha
I lost my points as well
42k+ before and now zero
And I see my friends lost points as well
One of my friends with 282k+ is now zero (0) zilch
Another of my friends has 36k+ now shows as 20k+
Anybody knows what's going on?
It all happened after the 'system upgrade' 'waze will exit' 'please restart waze'
:(
waynelysha
Send a message