iOS 3.8.1 Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS 3.8.1 Feedback Thread

Postby Kevin_Fry » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:37 pm

vsnlweb wrote:Quick Question... When is Waze gonna be optimized for the iPhone 6 Plus...

I would like to know this too. :geek:
Kevin_Fry

Postby c1010010 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:38 pm

Just giving this a +1 as well.

App goes to sleep on me now. :(

srichgtr wrote:Update turned off auto lock prevention so screen goes dim and sound goes quiet even though the app stays running. I hadn't used Waze in a while so this was a real annoyance as I was stuck with tapping the screen constantly while driving as there was nowhere to stop and fiddle around in the settings to prevent it. It's not a setting that should be altered during an update.

A screen off but sound on normal for a low energy mode would be useful. If it cut the screen but kept the sound on normal volume that would have been fine but it cut the sound so you could hardly hear it. I'm sure a previous version did do this.

I don't know whether this happened before IOS8 but now with IOS8 there is no way to alter 'background app updating' with waze. Is this a change so it can't be turned off or that the app cannot ever be updated in the background? Waze is missing out of the list of apps that can have this toggled on or off.
c1010010

Postby bz2012 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:46 am

stuartdole wrote:Just noticed that with iOS 8.0 on a 5s that Waze isn't seeing cell data - can't "find the network". When I start out from home the phone still sees my WiFi and is able to calculate the route, but once I'm half a block away it seems clueless. Can't report events (searching for network - but obviously not very hard, since the top of the phone screen reports five bars of LTE). Can't search for new routes. Basically unusable.

I also run into the problem that the "prevent screen lock" doesn't.

So - what's up?

Could it be linking to your home WIFI when you are at home and never using the Cell Phone connection at all?
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby stuartdole » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:17 am

Just noticed that with iOS 8.0 on a 5s that Waze isn't seeing cell data - can't "find the network". When I start out from home the phone still sees my WiFi and is able to calculate the route, but once I'm half a block away it seems clueless. Can't report events (searching for network - but obviously not very hard, since the top of the phone screen reports five bars of LTE). Can't search for new routes. Basically unusable.

I also run into the problem that the "prevent screen lock" doesn't.

So - what's up?
stuartdole

Postby blademan007 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:08 am

As mentioned here: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=110314, 3.8.1 will not accept 16 char password: max is 15 chars.
blademan007

Postby fogmachine69 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:50 pm

autenil wrote:I discovered a problem with iOS 8 and the 'Prevent Auto-Lock' feature on my iPhone 6. After reporting a Gas Station Price, it's as if the 'Prevent Auto-Lock' feature gets turned off--my screen goes dark after a minute. However, if I toggle the 'Prevent Auto-Lock' off and on again after reporting a Gas Station Price it appears to work correctly. I just noticed this after upgrading to iOS 8.

As posted in the "Screen Locking in iOS8" thread https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=108752, there is currently no known workaround for iOS8 screen lock as of iOS-8.0.0 - Gas Station Price is unrelated to the issue.

Screen unlock while driving in traffic might be dangerous.
Last edited by fogmachine69 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fogmachine69

Postby pumrum » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:05 pm

sketch wrote:Just about everything relating to Places will be changed in a very significant way in 3.9.

you forgot to say -- soon ;)
pumrum

Postby sketch » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:01 pm

pumrum wrote:Can't find if this has been reported before, but when using the Waze tab for search results, Places (both points and areas) do not display a street address. This would be very helpful for making sure you're going to the correct place.

Google Result:
Place Name
123 Fake Street, City, ST,
United States, City, ST
1.0 miles away

Waze Result:
Place Name
City, ST
1.0 miles away

I also noticed that place names won't match partial name searches. So a search for "Target" will not return "Super Target" as a Waze result.

Just about everything relating to Places will be changed in a very significant way in 3.9.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby pumrum » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:00 pm

Can't find if this has been reported before, but when using the Waze tab for search results, Places (both points and areas) do not display a street address. This would be very helpful for making sure you're going to the correct place.

Google Result:
Place Name
123 Fake Street, City, ST,
United States, City, ST
1.0 miles away

Waze Result:
Place Name
City, ST
1.0 miles away

I also noticed that place names won't match partial name searches. So a search for "Target" will not return "Super Target" as a Waze result.
pumrum

Postby autenil » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:08 am

I discovered a problem with iOS 8 and the 'Prevent Auto-Lock' feature on my iPhone 6. After reporting a Gas Station Price, it's as if the 'Prevent Auto-Lock' feature gets turned off--my screen goes dark after a minute. However, if I toggle the 'Prevent Auto-Lock' off and on again after reporting a Gas Station Price it appears to work correctly. I just noticed this after upgrading to iOS 8.
autenil
State Manager
State Manager

Next

Return to Waze App