Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Post by JohnDoe75
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
redvers76 wrote:Any chance public holidays can be treated as virtual Sundays in future so that routing doesn't go screwy?
Holiday-optimized (different) routing is in planning.
:shock: what ? Really, Waze does not use live-info but learned habits ?
I should plan a trip friday evening instead of thursday because Waze knows - thinks people leave work earlier and not because the roads are actually cleared earlier ...

In Europe we have small region - town specific days off, what a mess and a huge job to upload that.

When i launch a trip, I wish Waze would give me the best way (fastest and shortest) at that time with no detour and not a learned trip because it does not know yet that yesterday a 2x2 lines road has been completly reopened after one of the line has been closed (heavy traffic) for 3 month.
JohnDoe75
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by Johnlsds
This is regarding the repeated changes to the "share my drive" feature, which has gotten worse with recent updates. It used to be that you could share your drive via text message, iMessage, or email. This would direct the recipient to a website that showed where the driver was on a map. Now, that option has been replaced with a contact list showing only phone number contacts. I can't find any option for sharing my drive with someone who has it on a non-cellular device. This is of particular annoyance to me because I used to always share my drive home with my wife who has an old school flip phone (no Waze on that thing), but could monitor me on our iPad or her iPod, both of which have Waze installed.

Can you please restore this feature in the next revision? Or show me how this can be done in the current revision? Thank you!
Johnlsds
Send a message

Post by Kevin_Fry
vsnlweb wrote:Quick Question... When is Waze gonna be optimized for the iPhone 6 Plus...
I would like to know this too. :geek:
Kevin_Fry
Send a message

Post by kjstech
Mayhew3 wrote:
nothlit wrote:For a while now (through many updates, and continuing into the current 3.8.1 version) Waze seems to forget my sound settings. I like it set to "Alerts Only" but sometimes I will start up Waze and somehow mysteriously it has reverted to "Sounds On". No one else uses my phone, so there must be a bug somewhere that is making it forget which setting I have chosen. This is on iOS 7.1.2, iPhone 4S. I use Waze primarily while the phone is in a docking station in my car (sound goes out through the 30-pin dock connector).
Same thing for me. I use it most of the time with no sounds, and every couple weeks or so, my theory is every time the app has an update applied, it will revert back to Sounds On. This is really frustrating, because I don't know it's happened until I'm driving, and turning it off means 4 clicks including 2 on TINY buttons while I'm on the road. If there was a voice command for turning sounds off it wouldn't be so bad, but it really should keep my setting until I change it.
I have this same issue, IOS 7.1.1.

Also sometimes (but not always) the whole screen will go dim and I have to touch the screen to make it come back to full brightness. Then in a few minutes it goes dim again. It's almost like going to sleep but it doesn't actually turn off the screen. Anyway there is another thread about that.

Those are really the two most annoying bugs in this app.
kjstech
Send a message
PA, USA - iPhone XS Max - Latest WAZE from the App Store - Map Editor Level 1 - Royalty Wazer

Post by krikketdoug
I've held back on mentioning this here, because the problem I'm having could be related to the broken bluetooth headset that I have more than Waze. Only it occurred to me, that the information could be useful to the Waze staff in tracking down the problems with bluetooth (Plural, blueteeth? :D ) that have been reported in the past.

Until recently, I've used a Platronics M-25 headset without an issue. I recently upgraded to a Platronics Legend headset. It hasn't worked exactly as the instruction manual indicates, but otherwise has worked well for hearing things from my phone and sending it audio. The primary function of a bluetooth headset. I don't really care if the other bells and whistles are working.

When driving, and using the headset to hear the voice commands, it will occasionally (and randomly) open a channel to the headset (I can hear an audio connection if I'm using more than one phone) and then something breaks, and Waze is routed to the phone's speakers. But *ONLY* Waze is routed to the phone's speakers. None of the other phone's applications have this problem, or are affected when Waze stops working nicely with my bluetooth headset.

As for fixing the problem, it appears that resetting the headset's internal sensors fixes the problem. Most of the time. (Hook it up to a charger and lay it flat on a non-metallic surface for 10-20 seconds.) Sometimes killing the application (double-click, then swiping up on the app) will work. Sometimes it takes a phone reset. Sometimes just giving it time, it will start working again on it's own. Sometimes what works is to tell my phone to "forget this device" and re-pair with my headset. The only thing guaranteed to make the Waze/bluetooth connection work again is to delete and reinstall Waze.

So it sounds like that if I had a fully-working headset, I wouldn't have an issue. But Waze is interacting differently than anything else, so this might be a clue as to the root of other bluetooth problems that might be out there.

I hope this helps,

Krikket
krikketdoug
Send a message

Post by kweeheng
Still have the bug of invisible mood display when it's actually not.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/01/qete6e9a.jpg
kweeheng
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... 00k_6c.png

Country Manager: Malaysia
Area Manager: Klang / Port Klang / Kapar
Malaysia Waze Facebook Group
Waze Borneo Facebook

Post by kweeheng
scottnl73 wrote:
freerangeveal wrote:Getting the same scoreboard issue since the upgrade. Using an iPhone 5.

aequitasXI wrote:The Scoreboard stopped working today, seems universal among iOS devices.. Please fix! It says:

Oops! Something went wrong... Sorry, there is a problem viewing this page. Please try again later.

The same happens on Android. Is this a server issue or app issue? Please fix!
I too am seeing this message when I attempt to access both the scoreboard as well as the inbox. Also using an iPhone 5 with the latest app update
Shouldn't be apps error, no problem accessing scoreboard from Malaysia.
kweeheng
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... 00k_6c.png

Country Manager: Malaysia
Area Manager: Klang / Port Klang / Kapar
Malaysia Waze Facebook Group
Waze Borneo Facebook