Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Mayhew3
nothlit wrote:For a while now (through many updates, and continuing into the current 3.8.1 version) Waze seems to forget my sound settings. I like it set to "Alerts Only" but sometimes I will start up Waze and somehow mysteriously it has reverted to "Sounds On". No one else uses my phone, so there must be a bug somewhere that is making it forget which setting I have chosen. This is on iOS 7.1.2, iPhone 4S. I use Waze primarily while the phone is in a docking station in my car (sound goes out through the 30-pin dock connector).
Same thing for me. I use it most of the time with no sounds, and every couple weeks or so, my theory is every time the app has an update applied, it will revert back to Sounds On. This is really frustrating, because I don't know it's happened until I'm driving, and turning it off means 4 clicks including 2 on TINY buttons while I'm on the road. If there was a voice command for turning sounds off it wouldn't be so bad, but it really should keep my setting until I change it.
Mayhew3
Send a message

Post by MrSugi
pennmarks wrote:
Jay3705 wrote:IPhone 5s latest version. I can't update or see gas stations anymore.
I have the same problem on iphone 5s (ios 7.0.6). Since upgrading to WAZE 3.8.1, searching for gas stations yields no results. Therefore, can't update gas prices or find gas stations for that matter.
Same here. Gas stations appear on the map while driving, but I cant perform a search or update prices. Waze: 3.8.12 - iOS: 7.1.2
MrSugi
Send a message

Post by ninja98r
Can anyone confirm if Appradio scrolling issues have been resolved with 3.8.1? Or any other comparability issues for the Pioneer Appradio?

I will keep posting this inquiry when there is an update in hopes of Appradio support from Waze.
ninja98r
Send a message

Post by nothlit
For a while now (through many updates, and continuing into the current 3.8.1 version) Waze seems to forget my sound settings. I like it set to "Alerts Only" but sometimes I will start up Waze and somehow mysteriously it has reverted to "Sounds On". No one else uses my phone, so there must be a bug somewhere that is making it forget which setting I have chosen. This is on iOS 7.1.2, iPhone 4S. I use Waze primarily while the phone is in a docking station in my car (sound goes out through the 30-pin dock connector).
nothlit
Send a message

Post by pennmarks
Jay3705 wrote:IPhone 5s latest version. I can't update or see gas stations anymore.
I have the same problem on iphone 5s (ios 7.0.6). Since upgrading to WAZE 3.8.1, searching for gas stations yields no results. Therefore, can't update gas prices or find gas stations for that matter.
pennmarks
Send a message

Post by pumrum
Can't find if this has been reported before, but when using the Waze tab for search results, Places (both points and areas) do not display a street address. This would be very helpful for making sure you're going to the correct place.

Google Result:
Place Name
123 Fake Street, City, ST,
United States, City, ST
1.0 miles away

Waze Result:
Place Name
City, ST
1.0 miles away

I also noticed that place names won't match partial name searches. So a search for "Target" will not return "Super Target" as a Waze result.
pumrum
Send a message

Post by pumrum
sketch wrote:Just about everything relating to Places will be changed in a very significant way in 3.9.
you forgot to say -- soon ;)
pumrum
Send a message

Post by rcoolbaugh
When I'm using waze in the foreground and tunein radio in the background, as the map auto zooms out as my speed increases the radio starts skipping badly. As I slow down and stop the radio plays normally again. I've run in this mode for a year with no problems until the last release.
rcoolbaugh
Send a message

Post by redvers76
Still won't let me share my drive without uploading my contact list :(
redvers76
Send a message

Post by redvers76
It's menu, sounds, disable sounds, close menu... So 4 clicks needed to change the option!

Have encountered the problem again myself today, and it isn't because the app updated (as it didn't) - it does seem to be an issue that occurs "at random" although I wonder if the "cleaning" process has run against waze, and it is that causing the sound option to be reset
redvers76
Send a message