Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by redvers76
voludu2 wrote:Too many detours around non-existent traffic.

I recognize that this is not a feature of the client app, but of the routing server.

As a map editor, I am seeing a lot of "wrong driving direction" and "turn not allowed" reports from wazers reporting that waze wants them to avoid a left turn or a straight-across-the-intersection in favor of a right turn, extra distance, and a u-turn to get them back to where they would have been doing the sensible thing.

They are not seeing the long waits that would make sense of the extra time, distance, and stress of the extra maneuvers, and they assume that waze is just doing something wrong.
This has happened to me a couple of times this week :

[img]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08 ... b34bda.jpg[/img]

Rather than leave the A14 at my usual exit, waze wanted me to carry on to the next junction & come back on myself. What isn't clear here is that the A14 was solid all the way from the junction before, so I didn't even try to join it!

[img]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08 ... 756db3.jpg[/img]

And this is a "turn left and uturn rather than turn right" similar to what you were discussing....

On journeys I know, I can ignore waze. It's on journeys I don't know that I end up following stupid routes & wasting time... And it's those journeys that you need to be able to trust your satnav!

The trust I had in waze is going, what with the removal of the "share a route" feature unless you provide address book access, and now very basic routing errors...
redvers76
Send a message

Post by redvers76
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
redvers76 wrote:This has happened to me a couple of times this week :
You need to resize your images to display in the web-based forum.
They're iphone screenshots and I uploaded them using tapatalk; there's nothing I can do about it...
redvers76
Send a message

Post by redvers76
More of a server issue but here in the UK it was a bank holiday today... However waze was assuming it was a "normal" Monday and thus tried to direct me around the normal traffic hotspots despite the fact that there were no incidents or hold ups today.

Any chance public holidays can be treated as virtual Sundays in future so that routing doesn't go screwy?
redvers76
Send a message

Post by riffraf
iPhone 4S, 64GB, AT&T, iOS 7.1.2, Waze 3.8.1

Voice guided navigation has become very unreliable with this update.

Waze no longer gives any notice of upcoming turns. Driving at 45 on a state road or 65mph on highway, a "go right now" or "turn right" is inadequate. Sometimes... only sometimes, I get a .1 mile warning. What happened to the one mile or half mile alerts?

In previous versions of Waze I have not had to look at the display in order to navigate with ease. Now, voice guided navigation without constantly checking the screen is impossible.

I thought maybe something had gone wrong with "Elvis" which is my preferred voice, but I deleted and reloaded Waze and went with the default "Samantha" and still have the same lack of timely notifications.

Is anyone else seeing this problem or does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,
Rob
riffraf
Send a message

Post by scottnl73
freerangeveal wrote:Getting the same scoreboard issue since the upgrade. Using an iPhone 5.

aequitasXI wrote:The Scoreboard stopped working today, seems universal among iOS devices.. Please fix! It says:

Oops! Something went wrong... Sorry, there is a problem viewing this page. Please try again later.

The same happens on Android. Is this a server issue or app issue? Please fix!
I too am seeing this message when I attempt to access both the scoreboard as well as the inbox. Also using an iPhone 5 with the latest app update
scottnl73
Send a message

Post by SiewMeng98
Just a Gentle Reminder as we upgrade to the newer version of 3.8.1 as some of us may loose of favorites you may restore it by typing ##@restorefav into the navigation and your favorites would be restored.

Enjoy the new version. Hope it has eradicated the bugs. ;)
SiewMeng98
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Wong Siew Meng
Ex-Area Manager | Kuala Lumpur, Johor Area & Singapore

https://s.waze.tools/beta.pnghttps://tinyurl.com/mkae5noimages/ranks/Mentor_Badge_63px.pngimages/ranks/BetaTester_Badge.png

Using IPhone 6+ on IOS 13.4.1
Waze in Malaysia ; Waze Singapore

Post by SiewMeng98
stuartdole wrote:Just noticed that with iOS 8.0 on a 5s that Waze isn't seeing cell data - can't "find the network". When I start out from home the phone still sees my WiFi and is able to calculate the route, but once I'm half a block away it seems clueless. Can't report events (searching for network - but obviously not very hard, since the top of the phone screen reports five bars of LTE). Can't search for new routes. Basically unusable.
Sometimes, I too face the same problem. What I do is when I am about to leave home (before setting destination on Waze) I disable the WIFI and use the phone data when switching on my Waze App. As such, the lag or the tendency for the phone to remain connected to your home WIFI is disrupted.

This would enable the Waze App to function normally.
SiewMeng98
Map Raider
Map Raider
Send a message
Wong Siew Meng
Ex-Area Manager | Kuala Lumpur, Johor Area & Singapore

https://s.waze.tools/beta.pnghttps://tinyurl.com/mkae5noimages/ranks/Mentor_Badge_63px.pngimages/ranks/BetaTester_Badge.png

Using IPhone 6+ on IOS 13.4.1
Waze in Malaysia ; Waze Singapore

Post by sketch
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
voludu2 wrote:Really chews up battery over a 90-mile drive. Has this been true of all previous versions, also?
Yes, Waze is constantly using GPS and data sending/receiving. It's always been highly recommended to use a in-car charger. A 90-mile drive will likely drain your battery 50% or more depending on battery age.
Also, simply keeping the screen on and bright for 90 straight minutes is a significant contributor to battery drain.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
It should, yes. It will still use GPS and data, of course, but there will be some battery savings from keeping the screen off. I believe Waze shuts the GPS and data after approximately 10 minutes of non-movement.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:

Post by sketch
JohnDoe75 wrote: :shock: what ? Really, Waze does not use live-info but learned habits ?
I should plan a trip friday evening instead of thursday because Waze knows - thinks people leave work earlier and not because the roads are actually cleared earlier ...
Waze uses both live info and historical info.

Live info is obviously more helpful, but it isn't always available, because there aren't always Wazers ahead of you.

Historical info goes back a few months or so I believe, and if I'm not mistaken it's a weighted average, with more weight given to more recent data (to account for shifts in traffic patterns, etc.).

Depending on how much live data is available, Waze uses some combination of live and historical data to determine your route.
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message