Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by voludu2
Really chews up battery over a 90-mile drive. Has this been true of all previous versions, also?

Really could use some "power save" options.

I don't need traffic updates quite so often when I am travelling rural roads. As I approach more heavily-travelled areas, I might need some traffic rerouting. (traffic info on rural roads is unreliable anyway, as 2 cars caught behind a farm tractor leave a 5mph slow traffic warning hanging on for quite some time after the tractor has left the road).

And sometimes I don't need very much from waze, but am just happy to contribute the speed and road-travelled data from my drive. That could be done in a way to consume less power.

Thanks!
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Too many detours around non-existent traffic.

I recognize that this is not a feature of the client app, but of the routing server.

As a map editor, I am seeing a lot of "wrong driving direction" and "turn not allowed" reports from wazers reporting that waze wants them to avoid a left turn or a straight-across-the-intersection in favor of a right turn, extra distance, and a u-turn to get them back to where they would have been doing the sensible thing.

They are not seeing the long waits that would make sense of the extra time, distance, and stress of the extra maneuvers, and they assume that waze is just doing something wrong.
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
I wonder if it will send traffic data properly if I put it in the background during drives where I have already reviewed the route before I leave the house...
voludu2
Send a message

Post by voludu2
Tricky stuff! In the US, one can expect high traffic volume at shopping malls from the early morning the day after the Thanksgiving Day Holiday (and, since 2013, perhaps, even on the evening of Thanksgiving Day).
voludu2
Send a message

Post by Wildman523
My scoreboard also stop working on the 7/30/14 please fix thanks .
Wildman523
Send a message

Post by Zorglups
My feedback on the last version is the following:
- Voice indication come too late when driving faster than 60km/h. Lower than 60km/h, they come at 800m for the first indication. Faster than 60km/h, they come at 20m at best. This is very dangerous.
- Waze keeps forgetting my work address.
- I cannot find the Voice Command menu and cannot active it.
Zorglups
Send a message