iOS 3.8.1 Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: iOS 3.8.1 Feedback Thread

Postby daclements » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:37 pm

It seems that I'm having a different problem altogether. Ever since the last update a few days ago, every time I launch the app, it forgets who I am. I have to go through the rigmarole of signing in, adding my phone number, entering a verification code, confirming my name, photo and wazer name. Quite the pain! However, it seems that I'm the only one with the issue. Thoughts?
daclements
Map Editor - level 3
Map Editor - level 3

Postby bz2012 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:40 am

daclements wrote:It seems that I'm having a different problem altogether. Ever since the last update a few days ago, every time I launch the app, it forgets who I am. I have to go through the rigmarole of signing in, adding my phone number, entering a verification code, confirming my name, photo and wazer name. Quite the pain! However, it seems that I'm the only one with the issue. Thoughts?

I would try deleting the app and re-downloading and installing.
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby pennmarks » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:43 pm

Jay3705 wrote:IPhone 5s latest version. I can't update or see gas stations anymore.

I have the same problem on iphone 5s (ios 7.0.6). Since upgrading to WAZE 3.8.1, searching for gas stations yields no results. Therefore, can't update gas prices or find gas stations for that matter.
pennmarks

Postby Johnlsds » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:06 pm

This is regarding the repeated changes to the "share my drive" feature, which has gotten worse with recent updates. It used to be that you could share your drive via text message, iMessage, or email. This would direct the recipient to a website that showed where the driver was on a map. Now, that option has been replaced with a contact list showing only phone number contacts. I can't find any option for sharing my drive with someone who has it on a non-cellular device. This is of particular annoyance to me because I used to always share my drive home with my wife who has an old school flip phone (no Waze on that thing), but could monitor me on our iPad or her iPod, both of which have Waze installed.

Can you please restore this feature in the next revision? Or show me how this can be done in the current revision? Thank you!
Johnlsds

Forgets GPS and no Voice command

Postby hsanivaram » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:46 am

Ever since the update, Waze tends to forget linking the GPS and does not take voice command gesture.
Three finger tap, zooms out instead of taking the command.
hsanivaram
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby MrSugi » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:53 pm

pennmarks wrote:
Jay3705 wrote:IPhone 5s latest version. I can't update or see gas stations anymore.

I have the same problem on iphone 5s (ios 7.0.6). Since upgrading to WAZE 3.8.1, searching for gas stations yields no results. Therefore, can't update gas prices or find gas stations for that matter.

Same here. Gas stations appear on the map while driving, but I cant perform a search or update prices. Waze: 3.8.12 - iOS: 7.1.2
MrSugi

Postby bz2012 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:55 pm

Seeing Update Requests from drivers with same complaint. No gas stations or can't update prices.
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby nothlit » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:28 pm

For a while now (through many updates, and continuing into the current 3.8.1 version) Waze seems to forget my sound settings. I like it set to "Alerts Only" but sometimes I will start up Waze and somehow mysteriously it has reverted to "Sounds On". No one else uses my phone, so there must be a bug somewhere that is making it forget which setting I have chosen. This is on iOS 7.1.2, iPhone 4S. I use Waze primarily while the phone is in a docking station in my car (sound goes out through the 30-pin dock connector).
nothlit

Postby bz2012 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:43 pm

nothlit wrote:For a while now (through many updates, and continuing into the current 3.8.1 version) Waze seems to forget my sound settings. I like it set to "Alerts Only" but sometimes I will start up Waze and somehow mysteriously it has reverted to "Sounds On". No one else uses my phone, so there must be a bug somewhere that is making it forget which setting I have chosen. This is on iOS 7.1.2, iPhone 4S. I use Waze primarily while the phone is in a docking station in my car (sound goes out through the 30-pin dock connector).

Mine keeps changing to alerts only. I thought I might have hit the little sound icon by accident, but the more I think about it, the more I think it is something like your situation.
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:08 pm

angryeyebrows17 wrote:I can't find any option for sharing my drive with someone who has it on a non-cellular device.

Tap "more sending options" on the Share Drive page.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.2 | Waze v4.7.0.1
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App