iOS 3.8.1 Feedback Thread

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderator: Unholy

Re: iOS 3.8.1 Feedback Thread

Postby SiewMeng98 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:34 am

Just a Gentle Reminder as we upgrade to the newer version of 3.8.1 as some of us may loose of favorites you may restore it by typing ##@restorefav into the navigation and your favorites would be restored.

Enjoy the new version. Hope it has eradicated the bugs. ;)
Wong Siew Meng
Area Manager | Kuala Lumpur, Johor Area & Singapore

ImageImageImageImageImage

Using IPhone 5 on IOS 8.1.3
Image Waze in Malaysia ; Waze Singapore
SiewMeng98
Map Raider
Map Raider

Postby Mayhew3 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:41 pm

nothlit wrote:For a while now (through many updates, and continuing into the current 3.8.1 version) Waze seems to forget my sound settings. I like it set to "Alerts Only" but sometimes I will start up Waze and somehow mysteriously it has reverted to "Sounds On". No one else uses my phone, so there must be a bug somewhere that is making it forget which setting I have chosen. This is on iOS 7.1.2, iPhone 4S. I use Waze primarily while the phone is in a docking station in my car (sound goes out through the 30-pin dock connector).

Same thing for me. I use it most of the time with no sounds, and every couple weeks or so, my theory is every time the app has an update applied, it will revert back to Sounds On. This is really frustrating, because I don't know it's happened until I'm driving, and turning it off means 4 clicks including 2 on TINY buttons while I'm on the road. If there was a voice command for turning sounds off it wouldn't be so bad, but it really should keep my setting until I change it.
Mayhew3

Postby JohnDoe75 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:42 pm

What about 2 clicks ?
Menu then
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (77 KiB) Viewed 894 times
CM France
RM IDF - AM Paris France
AM Auffains (Fains-la-Folie), Ygos-Saint-Saturnin France
AM Trentino, Augusta (Sicilia), Suvereto (Toscana) Italia
AM North & Center Portugal
JohnDoe75
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby redvers76 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:38 pm

It's menu, sounds, disable sounds, close menu... So 4 clicks needed to change the option!

Have encountered the problem again myself today, and it isn't because the app updated (as it didn't) - it does seem to be an issue that occurs "at random" although I wonder if the "cleaning" process has run against waze, and it is that causing the sound option to be reset
redvers76

Postby Zorglups » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:44 pm

My feedback on the last version is the following:
- Voice indication come too late when driving faster than 60km/h. Lower than 60km/h, they come at 800m for the first indication. Faster than 60km/h, they come at 20m at best. This is very dangerous.
- Waze keeps forgetting my work address.
- I cannot find the Voice Command menu and cannot active it.
Zorglups

Major voice guided navigation issues

Postby riffraf » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:15 pm

iPhone 4S, 64GB, AT&T, iOS 7.1.2, Waze 3.8.1

Voice guided navigation has become very unreliable with this update.

Waze no longer gives any notice of upcoming turns. Driving at 45 on a state road or 65mph on highway, a "go right now" or "turn right" is inadequate. Sometimes... only sometimes, I get a .1 mile warning. What happened to the one mile or half mile alerts?

In previous versions of Waze I have not had to look at the display in order to navigate with ease. Now, voice guided navigation without constantly checking the screen is impossible.

I thought maybe something had gone wrong with "Elvis" which is my preferred voice, but I deleted and reloaded Waze and went with the default "Samantha" and still have the same lack of timely notifications.

Is anyone else seeing this problem or does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,
Rob
riffraf

Postby Bigworm23 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:05 pm

Cut my total points almost in half. This week my total points shows a negative number.
Lafayette, TN
AM for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Sevierville & Great Smoky Mountains National Park
ImageImageImage
Bigworm23
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby dragosv6 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:47 am

Bigworm23 wrote:Cut my total points almost in half. This week my total points shows a negative number.

Do you have negative points also in at waze.com\myaccount or only at your cell phone?
Try to uninstall the app reboot phone, install it again.

Cheers
dragosv6

Postby voludu2 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:05 pm

Really chews up battery over a 90-mile drive. Has this been true of all previous versions, also?

Really could use some "power save" options.

I don't need traffic updates quite so often when I am travelling rural roads. As I approach more heavily-travelled areas, I might need some traffic rerouting. (traffic info on rural roads is unreliable anyway, as 2 cars caught behind a farm tractor leave a 5mph slow traffic warning hanging on for quite some time after the tractor has left the road).

And sometimes I don't need very much from waze, but am just happy to contribute the speed and road-travelled data from my drive. That could be done in a way to consume less power.

Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
come fly with me
utilitas, simplicitas, retentionis
voludu2
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby voludu2 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:00 pm

Too many detours around non-existent traffic.

I recognize that this is not a feature of the client app, but of the routing server.

As a map editor, I am seeing a lot of "wrong driving direction" and "turn not allowed" reports from wazers reporting that waze wants them to avoid a left turn or a straight-across-the-intersection in favor of a right turn, extra distance, and a u-turn to get them back to where they would have been doing the sensible thing.

They are not seeing the long waits that would make sense of the extra time, distance, and stress of the extra maneuvers, and they assume that waze is just doing something wrong.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
come fly with me
utilitas, simplicitas, retentionis
voludu2
Master Raider
Master Raider

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App