Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Bluetooth in Background

Post by rmhughes0711
This may be a problem with my iPhone 5, but the problem only happens with Waze. When I have my iPhone connected to my car via Bluetooth, I can get my navigation through my radio, however, if the application goes into the background, I lose the voice commands and they stay gone until I bring Waze back up in the foreground. This is irritating and has caused me to spend an inordinate amount of time watching my phone rather than watching the road. What causes this very frustrating behavior?

Example:
1) Connect iPhone to car
2) Launch Waze
3) Drive down the road with voice commands
4) Receive a phone call.
5) Answer call. Waze goes into background
6) Lose voice commands
7) Bring Waze back into the foreground
8) Regain voice commands.
rmhughes0711

POSTER_ID:15555183

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Are you using bluetooth in streaming or headset mode with Waze? Is "prefer bluetooth" turned on in the app?

FYI, when I get a phone call, all the commands still keep coming during the call, which is annoying and what most people want to prevent.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by rmhughes0711
Any thoughts??
rmhughes0711
Send a message