These two features are only available on beta, and the numbers might not be final yet - but here are the details.
We have four categories, which are based on this order:
1. 1 Million points - congratulations asterix06 and mapcat!!!
2. Mega mapper - 200,000 map edits
3. Mega driver - 50,000 kms driven (approx. 31,250 miles) with waze on EXISTING roads. Unfortunately, the count does NOT include kms of paved roads or munching roads.
4. Mega reporter - 400 different users thanked you for your reports, excluding chit chats. This is for all your reports since you started using waze.
The first 3 are easy to spot from your dashboard. The 4th is not visible in the dashboard, so you'll have to trust us on it. We're also checking an option to add a special message that will be sent to each user who became a VIP (so you'll know).
If a user matches a few categories - i.e. mega driver and mega reporter - he will get the higher VIP status (where 1M points is the highest).
we are working on finalizing the process - will update once it's done.
There are two issues which are known:
1. When the primary name of a segment has two different numbers (I-80/I-90) the shield will display the first one of the two.
2. We can't display a shield and a name. We hope to add this ability in the near future. In the meantime, it's best to give the primary name as the "I-80" or "US Hwy 101", and the 'local' name in the alias field.