some more details on road shields and VIP users

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Postby gettingthere » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:14 am

jasonh300 wrote:You get mega-mapper status when you hit level 4, which is now 200,000 edits.

If you hit level 4 before they changed the threshold, you still have mega-mapper status. This info came straight from krankyd.

This was initially what I had posted (200k edits) but I revised my post when I saw the the number if edits was initially 50k. I didn't want to believe they bumped up 4x.
gettingthere
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Pepsodont » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:10 am

Yes, I got the edits but not the miles. The Mega Mapper status or the level 3 editor is not showing though. I'll email support.
Pepsodont

Postby Pepsodont » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:44 pm

I'm sad to say my car passed 50k last year. Unfortunately I didn't drive all of them with Waze :(
Pepsodont

Postby Pepsodont » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:01 pm

Should my Mega Mapper status show anywhere on my dashboard? Also, how long does it take from hitting 50k edits to receiving level 3/VIP status? Do I have to email support, or is this an automated process.
Pepsodont

Postby kieranrawley » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:14 pm

Mega mapper man!!!! Do I need to wear a flag as a cape?

It's a bit better/worse (delete as required) again today
kieranrawley

Postby krankyd » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:18 pm

Hi guys,
These two features are only available on beta, and the numbers might not be final yet - but here are the details.

VIP users
We have four categories, which are based on this order:
1. 1 Million points - congratulations asterix06 and mapcat!!!
2. Mega mapper - 200,000 map edits
3. Mega driver - 50,000 kms driven (approx. 31,250 miles) with waze on EXISTING roads. Unfortunately, the count does NOT include kms of paved roads or munching roads.
4. Mega reporter - 400 different users thanked you for your reports, excluding chit chats. This is for all your reports since you started using waze.

The first 3 are easy to spot from your dashboard. The 4th is not visible in the dashboard, so you'll have to trust us on it. We're also checking an option to add a special message that will be sent to each user who became a VIP (so you'll know).
If a user matches a few categories - i.e. mega driver and mega reporter - he will get the higher VIP status (where 1M points is the highest).

Road shields
we are working on finalizing the process - will update once it's done.
There are two issues which are known:
1. When the primary name of a segment has two different numbers (I-80/I-90) the shield will display the first one of the two.
2. We can't display a shield and a name. We hope to add this ability in the near future. In the meantime, it's best to give the primary name as the "I-80" or "US Hwy 101", and the 'local' name in the alias field.

thanks
krankyd
Waze Team
Waze Team

Re: some more details on road shields and VIP users

Postby CBenson » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:13 pm

Yes, like that.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby dmcconachie » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:07 pm

CBenson wrote:
krankyd wrote:You can search our support widget (on waze.com/support) for "VIP users" to see the full list.
Sure I can search for "VIP users" but I cannot see the full list. This is because on my computer, using Chrome with the screen in portrait, the nanorep box only covers about half the screen. The text and table run out the box on the right side and can't figure out how to scroll to see all the text in the point column of the table.

Like this?
Screengrab.jpg
(27.46 KiB) Downloaded 509 times
dmcconachie

Postby CBenson » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:02 pm

krankyd wrote:You can search our support widget (on waze.com/support) for "VIP users" to see the full list.
Sure I can search for "VIP users" but I cannot see the full list. This is because on my computer, using Chrome with the screen in portrait, the nanorep box only covers about half the screen. The text and table run out the box on the right side and can't figure out how to scroll to see all the text in the point column of the table.
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby krankyd » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:56 am

Just to be clear:
We gave the mega mapper to those who still qualified with 50k edits (before we made the change).

However, the standard has changed and now requires 200K edits. You can search our support widget (on waze.com/support) for "VIP users" to see the full list.
krankyd
Waze Team
Waze Team

Next

Return to Waze App