Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Blackberry Install: Scary "Security Timer Reset" pop-up

Post by ewaddell
During the BB Torch installation, there's a message about the app wanting to reset the Security Timer.

You need to explain this either on your web site (I looked & could not find anything) or some pop-up text as part of the installation. I couldn't find any info about the what the risks of allowing the timer to be reset. I did not know if it was safe to allow this or not.

I took the chance, but I was taking a big risk. Other users might be scared off and decide NOT to use waze.
ewaddell

POSTER_ID:2654029

Send a message

Post by fvwazing
Lol! Sounds indeed like "Format drive C: ? <S>ure, <y>es or <i>gnore".

BB should either educate its users, or better come with a message that explains it.
fvwazing
Send a message
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1

Post by Unholy
ewaddell wrote:During the BB Torch installation, there's a message about the app wanting to reset the Security Timer.

You need to explain this either on your web site (I looked & could not find anything) or some pop-up text as part of the installation. I couldn't find any info about the what the risks of allowing the timer to be reset. I did not know if it was safe to allow this or not.

I took the chance, but I was taking a big risk. Other users might be scared off and decide NOT to use waze.

Hi,
"security timer reset" is a native Blackbarry message that basically means that you can choose to keep the device backlight on and keep it from going to sleep and locking.

thanks,

Ori
Unholy
Send a message