Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Windows Phone 8 Friends

Post by AR-Guru
I have a Windows Phone and I can't figure out how to add friends. Is there a way for me to do this in the Windows Phone app?

If not, is there a way I can add them on the website?

AR-Guru
AR-Guru

POSTER_ID:16981940

Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
Waze is no longer developing the WP version. We are stuck with what we got, including the bugs and lack of "Friends" feature.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
Hard to say. Between the low market share of WP8 and Google's general distain for Microsoft products, I'm not hopeful.

It is understandable to put more resources into developing for Android and iOS as them combined are 90% of the smartphone market, but I do feel that Google is pressuring the Waze team to abandon us. I am a beta tester, the earlier WP betas had more features like landscape support. From what I assume was Google pressuring the Waze team to just wrap it up and release a build, some buggy and incomplete features were simply removed.

Waze in general has gone downhill since the Google buyout. Map editor is now slow and buggy garbage, the app has less search providers now, and rather than add functionality they keep adding useless fluff nobody wanted like the Facebook integration. Oh wait WP users don't even get that!
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Kramsalot
I agree. It'd be nice to know for sure.

Can we get someone from Waze to chime in and let us know whether or not we should expect the app to work on Windows Phone? At least let us make informed decisions about what direction we should be going here.

(on a side note; people who use Windows Phones end up loving them. It's only a matter of time before people put their silly attitudes behind them and see how superior the OS is. It's really awesome :D coolest phone I've ever had.)
Kramsalot
Send a message

Post by Magickbun
Unfortunately, it seems we're in the same boat. I haven't found a workaround--either through the app or the website. You can see from this forum post before that it's an update that may be long in the making. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=92533
Magickbun
Send a message

Post by Magickbun
Is a permanent choice? Because if Waze is abandoning this version of the app, I'm not sure whether it's worth keeping around.
Magickbun
Send a message

Post by Realbob666
:( :(

We need Windows phone support. Not only Apple and Android on the market!
Realbob666
Send a message