These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by MoodZy
tyron68 wrote:I have the impression that these messages are not read by WAZE representatives at all, but I update my feedback the same.
They don't read these messages at all. If you need "advanced" support you need to go through the "Support" of the website (at the top of every page).
MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Churchill

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/Waze_signature_AM_only.png

Post by MoodZy
jmforde wrote:I use an iPhone 5 with IO S 8.13 and the latest WAZE. Just took a long trip this past weekend and finally figured out the navigation freezes when I have the power cord connected. As soon as I unplug it, the app finds my location and all is good. Plug the power cord in again, and very soon WAZE freezes again. Unfortunately, I was by myself, so wasn't able to experiment with another navigation program, but I do know I have used WAZE just fine in the past with the same phone plugged in.

Has anyone else noticed the power cord issue?
Are you using the official power cord? And an official charger? I once had issues with an old Iphone (3GS) because I had bought a charger from China ;)
MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Churchill

Post by MoodZy
world_wuxpgvmf wrote:
tiwing wrote: Exactly what I found as well. LG G2. I use a separate GPS tracking app that always runs in the background. Waze causes all GPS signal to be lost, putting WAZE in the background lets the other program fix - usually within a second or two. Putting WAZE in the foreground causes GPS fix to be lost again. I commute 160km a day... sometimes WAZE works well for almost an hour then stops working well. sometimes it fails right away. it seems to be fail more when there are more alerts on the map than in more rural areas. WAZE on its own without any other GPS programs running still does not work properly... hoping for a fix soon!
tyron68 wrote: I don't know if it's a bug in the last version of Waze, if it's a combination of Waze and KitKat 4.4.2 (previous phone was running on ICS 4.04) or what else. I'm going to search an old version of Waze to install to do some further analisys of the problem.
I also have a G2, but my waze is 3.7.8.0 and I'm having the same issue as you. When I use Google Maps it locks on GPS as it should, but not Waze.
Try updating your app to the newest version. 3.7.8 is clearly old and will probably not be supported anymore. ;)
MoodZy
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by nerdbird
My iphone 4 started doing this a few weeks ago. I would get no connection even if I was driving on a major road, and no other apps were affected. I turned the phone completely off (with the off button and the "slide to turn off" -- not the home button) and left it off for a few minutes. When I turned it back on, waze was fine. It happened twice, but that fixed it each time.

Not sure this is the same issue, but maybe it will help someone...
nerdbird
Send a message

Post by Pwnographer
I started having the same issue the last week of November. Is not my phone (Galaxy S5) or my 4G network since Google Navigation works great (had to start using it cause Waze only connects when I'm using WiFi network). Tried using Waze at different hours and it keeps showing "Searching for network" and even my profile is not loading.

Best regards from MX.
Pwnographer
Send a message

Post by raylutz
I have had a similar experience.

Using an LG 800 android phone. If waze is showing the map display, it will frequently -- but not always -- lose GPS. Switch to turn-by-turn list or to home screen with Waze in background and it will reconnect to GPS in about 15 seconds. Then, turn back to map and it tends to lose GPS connection in about 15 seconds.

I have run simultaneously with Samsung Galaxy phone in the same car and it does not lose GPS. My conclusion from these tests is that the GPS signal is fine and the GPS receiver is working, but there may be a bug in the WAZE map display that does not allow service of the GPS subsystem, as the CPU is probably shared.

I have run Waze in my old (and supposedly crappy) LG Spectrum android phone and it never had any problems. Now, with a newer and "better" LG 800, it is so bad it is pathetic and virtually unusable.

The good news is that by moving to the navigation list, it does provide audio navigation but the list is not updated unless I flip back to map and then back to navigation list.

I hope someone can provide a solution as Waze is nonfunction on this device and my device supplier said it is not their problem. Indeed, the GPS signal is not the Verizon network and this is apparently a within-device problem. Again, my hunch is that it is a waze programming error in map mode that does not free up the CPU adequately for GPS servicing, but that is just my hunch.
raylutz
Send a message

Post by synnerg
This just randomly started happening to me. Waze is the only app doing this and it will randomly loose Network connectivity for 3-5 minutes.
synnerg
Send a message

Post by tiwing
tyron68 wrote: I tried to have a simple fixing tool in foreground and this combination runs correctly again. But when i put waze in foreground, after a few seconds it looses the fix and if I switch again to the tool, I see it lost the satellites. After a while it fixes again and waze begin again to run correctly in background.
Exactly what I found as well. LG G2. I use a separate GPS tracking app that always runs in the background. Waze causes all GPS signal to be lost, putting WAZE in the background lets the other program fix - usually within a second or two. Putting WAZE in the foreground causes GPS fix to be lost again. I commute 160km a day... sometimes WAZE works well for almost an hour then stops working well. sometimes it fails right away. it seems to be fail more when there are more alerts on the map than in more rural areas. WAZE on its own without any other GPS programs running still does not work properly... hoping for a fix soon!
tiwing
Send a message

Post by tyron68
I lately changed my phone, so when I had problems using Waze (No GPS), I thought this was an hardware failure or a bugged firmware. The phone is UMI C1, it has a MTK6582 chip, so I started to think that the problem was there. But all the test I did showed that GPS was working very well, even without applying strange alchimies and procedures. I had (and I still have) hot fixes in less than 1 second and cold fixes in less than 15 seconds, so where was the issue?

Well, three days ago, while driving I accidentally activated the screen lock and... quite immediately Waze begun to give correct voice directions. I activated the screen and after about a few seconds the connection was lost again (certified with "NO GPS" after about 30 seconds). I tried again to lock and again it started to work again. I had a whole 20km trip correctly guided by the voice, but only with screen off!
So I started to think about strange behaviours and conflicts between GPS antenna and the UMI C1's screen, but today I used another android app I don't like so much (Map Factor) and the positioning was correct even with the screen on. Tried again with Waze without restarting the phone, and the screen issue was still there!

I don't know if it's a bug in the last version of Waze, if it's a combination of Waze and KitKat 4.4.2 (previous phone was running on ICS 4.04) or what else. I'm going to search an old version of Waze to install to do some further analisys of the problem.
tyron68
Send a message
--------------------
Milano Est - LG P970 Gingerbread - Peugeot Partner Tepee 1.6HDi

Post by tyron68
I have the impression that these messages are not read by WAZE representatives at all, but I update my feedback the same.

The problem I have with GPS positioning is not related to last version of Waze: I tried a number of previous versions and none of them solved it.
The problem seems to be precisely on HOW waze manages the GPS data. After last post I found that I don't need to have the screen off, it's enough that Waze runs in background and it runs well, if there is an application in foreground that receives GPS data and fixes the position.

I tried using another navigator in foreground (silenced) and running Waze in background at the same time. In this condition waze never loose the fix and the voice tells me the route with correct timings, adapting the route when I change my path and so on.

I tried to have a simple fixing tool in foreground and this combination runs correctly again. But when i put waze in foreground, after a few seconds it looses the fix and if I switch again to the tool, I see it lost the satellites. After a while it fixes again and waze begin again to run correctly in background.

I'm totally convinced that if Waze would have the feature to use the position calculated by another tool, it would run correctly even in foreground. There should be a bug in reading or managing data from the GPS chip of MTK phones.
tyron68
Send a message
--------------------
Milano Est - LG P970 Gingerbread - Peugeot Partner Tepee 1.6HDi