These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Android v3.9.0.0 Feedback

Post by
New release available in the Google Play Store.
WHAT'S NEW
Version 3.9 introduces Waze Places! Help make information on local places fresh & accurate for everyone.

- Easily add or edit places, businesses, or residential
- Add driving related info like if a place has a parking lot or drive-thru
- Add arrival photos to help other find a place at any time
- Drive with Waze until you park: your parking location will be saved automatically. Plus Waze will learn where to find parking and how much time to account
- Search autocomplete now worldwide
- Bug fixes
Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

POSTER_ID:16781248

Send a message

Post by Abdliuae
Hi there ... after updating to the new version (a couple of days back), it crashes always when i start it .. if for any chance it work , i can not navigate or do anything, bcause it will crash immediately ..

P.S: it was working perfect before the last update

In using Android 4.2
Abdliuae
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Each unique bug or request from this thread up to now has been added to for your reference.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Taco909 wrote:
BDMarder wrote:
ShrimpNGrits wrote:I tried v3.9.0.0 on my morning commute today - and noticed that when reporting gas prices at the two stations on my route - I had to be in the parking lot of the station before the app found the station for me to report. Previously, it would pull up any station within a block or two from my location. Any one else experiencing similar issue??
My friends and me have the same problem, if you drive past the gas station, you can't enter the prices at waze.
Is it intentional or a Bug?
From some of what we saw on the last update and when they started "flagging" users, I suspect it may be intentional. Unless you are a passenger, you should not be updating gas prices when driving.
Come on, guys. Read what sticky-posted in the forum: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=110754
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
PorchSong wrote:I am a 5 year veteran of Waze, and with the 3.9 update to my Android app on my Galaxy S5, I have to completely relog in EVERY time. I start the app and get:
I've hard of this goofiness before. What I'd suggest is deleting the app, delete the Waze folder from the SD card, download new from the store. When you go to log in, use your phone number first, instead of your Waze account name/password.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
PorchSong wrote:Tried that, get the "Bad News Bucko" Notification telling me it can not verify my account.

But what is with the texted 4 digit code that gets sent to me with no place to enter it?
That is very odd. On iOS, after entering the phone number, the next screen has a large field to enter the verification code. Not sure what is supposed to happen on Android, but surprised that it may be so different. Is it supposed to somehow happen secretly in the background of the Android OS/Google servers? Someone else with Android will have to go further with this I think.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Firree wrote:HI, I would like to say that the report warnings disappear way too fast in this new version. Today I got the all too common "Vehicle stopped on shoulder" report. These reports are rarely ever accurate or helpful so I usually just hit "Not there" Well, the prompt disappeared about a good 1/4mile before I actually arrived at where it said the supposed hazard was. It was gone before I could either thank or mark it as "not there".
Not sure if this happened in your case, but if another driver reports Not There before you, your alert will go away too. But there is also an intermittent bug which causes reports to dismiss early.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
CBenson wrote:
n8nagel wrote:Got another update yesterday although version still reads 3.9.0.0. Ever since, when navigating to e.g. a store, Waze will stop me on the road e.g. Richmond Highway, rather than guiding me in on parking lot roads.
I'm curious as to how you are selecting the location - favorites, history, autocomplete result, waze tab search result, google tab search result, place tab search result, etc. I haven't notice a change yet, but haven't done too much routing to search results yet.
And remember that when you search, the autocomplete list will include history, favorites, Waze and Google results all together. The icon on the left differentiates them. Any favorite or nav history are tied to a specific lat/lon and no amount of updating the map or google will change the destination point of that item.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
CBenson wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The icon on the left differentiates them.
Yes. Except that if the icon is the pin, it could be either Waze or Google results depending on the circumstances.
Another item missed from beta. In testing, the Waze pin had a blue interior.
CBenson wrote:
n8nagel wrote:I can't say whether it was a Waze result or Google result but I was searching by store name. Happened to me twice, for destinations new to me, and the flag on the screen was planted on the road corresponding to the street address.
If you have some specific examples of stores you searched for, I'd be interested in looking at the results.
You know, isn't this just the issue with Waze stop points that is well-known?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Taco909 wrote:And another bug report.
I'm looking at segments on my app that are "old" compared to Livemap (and of course, WME). One specifically last edited October 3rd and is rendered properly on livemap.
And you've made sure to force the map refresh in the app?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
PesachZ wrote:Trying to edit an existing place by; search the place, suggest and edit.
Only remove one category from list of multiple categories.
Tap done
I accumulate points but the save button didn't activate unless I make dinner other minor change as well.
This doesn't happen on iOS. I searched for a Fred Meyer, tapped suggest an edit. To remove a category, I tapped the (x) on the right side next to ATM. I tapped done and it saved/gave me 3 points.

There is/was no "save" button on iOS, just a Done button, which performs the Save. And this Done button is not at the bottom of the Place details list, but at top-right of the screen.

I agree this should be put onto the bug list for Android. Have you repeated this with more than one place?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message