These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Search Auto-complete Problem

Post by okladriver
Today I was going to Subway for lunch (lovely, I know...) and so I pulled up the search feature and typed in "subway". When I hit Enter on my phone's keyboard (not the search button in the app) it ran a search for "SUBWAY STATION" instead.

I've attached screenshots to show what is happening. Repeated attempts to search for "subway" still resulted in a search for "SUBWAY STATION".

I don't remember this happening in previous versions but, to be fair, I've never searched for a Subway restaurant before.
Screenshot_2014-10-01-11-46-20.png
(242.41 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
Screenshot_2014-10-01-11-46-28.png
(119.75 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
okladriver

POSTER_ID:16938839

Send a message
Last edited by okladriver on Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by okladriver
In addition, tapping on "subway" with the magnifying glass icon next to it also runs a search for "SUBWAY STATIONS".

Searching for "subway restaurant" pulls up results hundreds of miles away and I can't seem to find a way to search for categories. At this point I've had to find the address in Google Maps and punch that into Waze.
okladriver
Send a message